How Often Should I ...

Notifications
Clear all

How Often Should I Apply Bp?

MemberMember
(@matt5ter)

Posted : 11/09/2012 5:02 pm

I only apply benzoyl peroxide at night as they are the instructions but the regimen says to apply it morning and night, however when i apply it in the day it doesnt seem to be beneficial it just makes my skin feel very greasy and it looks quite blotchy. advice would be appreciated smile.png

MemberMember
(@computermasterman)

Posted : 11/09/2012 10:16 pm

I would say only use it if you have to. Don't use it if you don't think it makes a difference. I would recommend using it twice a day for about a week and see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/20/2012 9:53 pm

Are you just starting the regimen? It's recommended that you go once a day for a while (I think it's a week?) in order for your skin to adjust to the BP, which can be very drying. After the initial period, most users see best benefits in the morning and night. I use it twice a day. Depending on the brand of BP (I'm not able to afford Dan's right now, which is sad because it's the best), I can find myself with very oily skin later in the afternoon. I use oil blotting sheets. (Or those paper toliet covers you find in bathrooms - no, seriously, it works! Tip courtesy of another member here years ago.) I've also been known to do a quick splash, gentle washdown of my face with just plain water to combat that.