Notifications
Clear all

So The Regimen's Cleared You Up, But Whats The Cure?

MemberMember
(@simonhaward)

Posted : 11/04/2012 5:30 pm

I'm a new member who's been on the regimen for about 2 months now, maybe more.

It's going really well, my skins a bit flaky and I've got a way to go still but I'm seeing definite improvements. More than I have done with anything else, so I'm gonna stick with it.

My question is though, because The Regimen is a deterrant not a cure, once you're clear, what can be done to ensure you stay clear?

Should I go get some pill prescribed, if so should I go now before I am clear so I can actually get the prescription approved, or is there something else?

Or is this indeed a forum of Regimen dependant, eternal acne sufferers?

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:05 pm

Nothing will ensure that you'll stay clear. The only thing that comes close to a cure is Accutane, but really, there is no guaranteed cure. Once you're clear, you can try to reduce the amount of BP and see how that goes. Or try using it once a day instead of twice. You'll have to keep using any treatment until you "grow out of" acne, unfortunately. You could try and help your body by switching to a low GL diet and avoiding or limiting things like sugar and milk, there's tons of info in the nutrition & holistic health forum. But even then, there's no saying whether or not it will help you get rid of acne. Good luck, and welcome aboard! :)

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 11/05/2012 1:27 am

as AKL says, there is nothing that can "cure" acne. some people claim that diet is the key to preventing acne, some people say accutane is the only thing that will make it go away for good. and MANY people say nothing will cure acne. you simply must continue treating it as best you can until it naturally stops showing up. everyone is different. different treatments affect everyone differently. the regimen works for many, but for some, it does not. and the regimen is simply a way to treat acne and minimize the symptoms, it is not a cure. find what works for you. if it is the regimen, great. if the regimen works but the side effects and time commitment is too great (which was the case for me) quit it and find something else that does a good job. no matter what, you gotta keep treating your acne until it just goes away on its own. when that will happen is anybody's guess. it is all genetics really. good luck!

MemberMember
(@simonhaward)

Posted : 11/05/2012 3:26 am

Cheers for the help guys. I'm similar to you SWJ, where my job has such ridiculous hours that the extra 30 mins sleep I could get not doing the regimen is a very attractive prospect. I guess I'll just have to weather the storm.

and also....

it is all genetics really. good luck!

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/05/2012 9:13 am

The only 'cures' there are, Accutane or hormonal treatment...but sometimes they only work as long as you take them, Accutane's effect might persist for longer, if the course was long enough and you took the right dose. For some people, acne just comes back and they have treat it for the rest of their lives.

the current stats on Accutane: 40% stay clear, 40% experience a mild remission [this is why it's more effective to treat severe cystic acne - when you've had severe acne, mild acne will seem a lot less worse], 20% experience total remission