Notifications
Clear all

Adult Acne = Boo!

MemberMember
(@fragilesong)

Posted : 10/27/2012 6:18 pm

Hi! I'm Laura. I'm 25 and live in Kentucky with my awesome husband and three cats.

My acne was pretty awful in middle school, but calmed down in high school. It wasn't until I was around 22 years old that it came back with a vengeance. I have some red, nasty cystic scars along my jawline, and that's where I usually break out.

I'm trying the Regimen, since nothing else has worked. I've tried Proactiv, Murad, pure honey, tea tree oil, salicylic acid moisturizers, Clean and Clear's acne regimen, scrubs, masks, peels... the Regimen seems simple enough, maybe it'll work. I'm on Day 4 right now.

Laura

Edited to add: I also tried Minocycline, but it gave me frequent yeast infections. I also have lupus, which causes some wounds, including acne, to heal slower than normal.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/27/2012 8:06 pm

try treating it internally. cut down cola,caffeine, alcohol, sugar, junk food, chocolate, dairy etc. Do juicing, advanced yoga poses and have probiotic rich foods. You should be clear.

MemberMember
(@asturias)

Posted : 10/27/2012 8:27 pm

I'm just like you.. i'm 22 and i'm staring to suffer from cyst acne. it really sucks.. I'm using Proactiv, and is not workiing anymore..

accutane might be your last resource? just like me.