Notifications
Clear all

In Need Of Motivation For Spiro

MemberMember
(@zara2012)

Posted : 10/25/2012 7:00 pm

I have been on spiro for 7 weeks. I experienced a horrible initial breakout in the first 4 weeks but began to clear up after. It is now the end of 7th week which means I'm already into my second month and I'm back to getting more cysts.

I know people say that spiro does not show visible results until 4-6 months but being on a medication for 7 weeks now and still no progress is just making me want to cry every time I look into the mirror.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/25/2012 7:32 pm

Everyone I've heard talk about Spiro that pulled through until those later months are soooo glad they did. I really wish I were on it right now because I really think I might have hormonal acne. You're so lucky to be on the road to clear skin, don't think about how your skin is right now.. think about how great it will look a couple of months from now.

Be patient, it's worth it. ^_^

MemberMember
(@je0302679)

Posted : 10/26/2012 12:38 am

Spiro made my cystic acne lessen after about 4 months. However, I was gaining about 2-3 pounds a month. It seemed like the more weight that I gained, the better my skin looked. I stopped for main reasons 1. I rather fit in my pants then have better skin 2. The Spiro did not make my skin completely clear. If I am going to take an oral medicine w/ side effects, I want flawless skin.

If you stick it out you will have better skin. After I stopped, I noticed that my skin remained the same for about 3 weeks then began to break out again (like before I started the Spiro).

I hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@rmk6)

Posted : 10/30/2012 5:14 pm

I feel your pain. I've been on 100mgs spiro for almost 8 weeks to date, and I know I've had the WORST breakouts of my life! When I first started spiro I felt that everyday brought a new breakout. They were usually confined to my chin, but I was also starting to find 1 or 2 on my forehead and occasionally even cysts (like never before). It was (and still is) horrible! The one TINY bit of encouragement I saw for myself around week 7 was there were 4 days in a row when I actually said to my boyfriend, "Maybe the spiro is starting to work." Although now I'm breaking out like crazy again, I look to those few days where I felt mild improvement. I hope yours improves and let me know when it does. Fingers crossed.

I have been on spiro for 7 weeks. I experienced a horrible initial breakout in the first 4 weeks but began to clear up after. It is now the end of 7th week which means I'm already into my second month and I'm back to getting more cysts.

I know people say that spiro does not show visible results until 4-6 months but being on a medication for 7 weeks now and still no progress is just making me want to cry every time I look into the mirror.