Notifications
Clear all

[Update]Urine Therapy /water-Only Log

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 10/24/2012 7:35 pm

Hello.

A little background;

I've experienced acne since middle school. Always had it, can't really remember a time I've ever really been acne-free.

Currently at university, second year. Acne got troublesome over the summer, and just about a month ago it's gotten to a point where it's the worst its ever been in my life.

Until about a week ago I was showering twice a day (morning and night), using spectro-gel twice a day, and applying milk of magnesia at night.

This past week I got fed up. Started a caveman regimen, washing with cold water occasionally so as to not disrupt the acid mantle, and eating a relatively paleo diet (no dairy whatsoever, lots of veggies, white meats a lot of the time). I've been a drinking massive amount of water every day, and shower once every few days. When I shower, I'm very strict about letting only cold water touch my face.

About a week in, my acne has gotten progressively worse. Yesterday I had to attend a social and couldn't fucking take the number of whiteheads I was sporting, so I caved (unfortunately) and popped a few with two q-tips, drained, then applied polysporin for a couple hours. I know this was a mistake, but I literally couldn't deal. I had a cold shower afterwards.

Wondering if I should continue with this regimen in hopes of positive results? Honestly, my acne was better before starting this, and even then it was bad. I understand people say ride it out, but its so very hard going to classes every day looking like shit. It's taking a massive toll on me; venting here helps. My biggest worry is that the acne will worsen over time, myself not seeing any positive results.

Probably one of the only good things so far is I've been popping so little; probably the least I ever have in my life. But the whiteheads and redness persist, with new acne showing up everyday.

So I guess I'm looking for any advice, and will as well log my process in this thread.

Again, any input, encouragement or questions appreciated.

tl;dr: Acne bad, started caveman, acne getting worse, am distraught.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 10/24/2012 7:47 pm

Why are you doing cold showers? Did you take cold showers as a kid? No, you didnt. Treat your skin like you did when you were a kid. Thats what ive started to do. Take a warm shower, like you always have. Not hot, not cold, warm. Comfortable. Get your face wet in the shower like a normal person. Wash your hair, but tilt your head back so you dont get shampoo on your face. Get out, gently pat dry your face, and thats it. I apply 2 natural oils to my face (Jojoba oil and evening primrose oil) and my skin is responding to this simple regimen very very good.

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 10/24/2012 7:59 pm

Why are you doing cold showers? Did you take cold showers as a kid? No, you didnt. Treat your skin like you did when you were a kid. Thats what ive started to do. Take a warm shower, like you always have. Not hot, not cold, warm. Comfortable. Get your face wet in the shower like a normal person. Wash your hair, but tilt your head back so you dont get shampoo on your face. Get out, gently pat dry your face, and thats it. I apply 2 natural oils to my face (Jojoba oil and evening primrose oil) and my skin is responding to this simple regimen very very good.

Thank you for posting.. Where do you buy these oils? I've never seen them in stores.. Or do you purchase them online?

I would like some input on whether you all think I should continue on course with this regimen, or stop, as my acne is noticeably worsening. It's out of control.

Also, if I continue, is the best course of action for whiteheads to grit my teeth and bear them? What if they're literally at a head, and I use a sterilized needle to drain the pus, and applying polysporin after. This? Or no touching, draining whatsoever?

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 10/24/2012 9:26 pm

Thank you for posting.. Where do you buy these oils? I've never seen them in stores.. Or do you purchase them online?

I would like some input on whether you all think I should continue on course with this regimen, or stop, as my acne is noticeably worsening. It's out of control.

Also, if I continue, is the best course of action for whiteheads to grit my teeth and bear them? What if they're literally at a head, and I use a sterilized needle to drain the pus, and applying polysporin after. This? Or no touching, draining whatsoever?

You can buy jojoba oil at Trader Joe's and most health foods stores like Whole foods. Evening Primrose oil can be purchased online. Im just saying these combos of oils and just my wash with warm shower water twice a day is working. Im sorry but I cant give you advice for whiteheads, but personally, if your skin is getting worse with that cold water regimen, then I would stop.

MemberMember
(@albert88)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:49 am

I am in a more advanced step in this regimen. Tips i give you leave your face alone (not water for the first days, and not hot showers, are detrimental to the skin, keep the face dry while shower)., each time you try to exfoliate it the more time it will take to heal..

I admit this is tough, but will finish with pimples and rednes in a few weeks. The first days it will be painful, because the whiteheads, but you need to overcome this stage since thus you are curing old blemishes and pimples etc After this, the dead skin amsk will come. The dead skin mask that appears after (flaky skin) is important to keep it, not cleaning it, and it take some weeks to disappear, it deppends and it sucks to have it, indeed.

PS. Of course when you were a kid you used to do hot showers, but your skin was strong then with normal ph too, not now. Maybe in a time you could do it again, after recover it.

MemberMember
(@anb1998)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:49 pm

I'm just started the caveman today. Obviosly I wont see anything different from just one day besides a little more oil. I broke the rules and popped 1 zit... I'll probably regret it. I've been reading about it online and you are supposed to go at least 30 days without touching, washing, wetting your face. It is supposed to get a little worse before it gets better so don't give up. I am going to start my own thread about this and try to put pictures up everyday of my skin so you can see what happens.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/01/2012 11:46 pm

Yes- as others have pointed out- cold water traps whatever is in the pore, in the pore. Hot water on the other hand strips the natural oil off of skin. Lukewarm is best. The point of the caveman method is the balance the acid mantle (PH) of skin. If you were doing a lot to your skin before this- the best thing to do is ween yourself off first, don't quit cold turkey. This is what I'm doing: wash with manuka honey and lukewarm water twice daily. Very gently- no exfoliation. Dab with a clean wash cloth. Eventually, I will take myself down to washing only at night time. The reason I'm using honey is because the PH of tap water is basic and honey is acidic, together, they create a PH balancing formula (self-created). Hopefully in time I will be able to not wash at all and only let water touch my face in the shower. But-----the caveman method is not for all of us. There could be food intolerance at play, hormone imbalance, vitamin deficiency, leaky gut or poor digestion, stress, genetic predisposition and a number of other causes. Best of luck- and I really urge you to try again.

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 11/11/2012 1:01 am

Thank you for your replies. It's about time for an update.

Well, its been a journey, these last few weeks. The throws of acne have been daunting, but I think I've found something that's working.

These past few days I've been using urine therapy. Using my own piss I've been markedly lessening the persistent acne on my face day by day. I try not to pick or pop whiteheads, but if its a must, I use sterile q-tips to gently squeeze, drain, and then apply polysporin, I've gone back to showering, using lukewarm water as ind1g0 suggested. I've modified my diet to mostly paleo; lots of veggies, white meats (chicken, turkey), and water. I am supplementing Chromium, MSM, and Curcumin (to lessen inflammation). Additionally, I've tried to lessen masturbating as well.

Now, today I'm at home, and have done a little experiment. I've 'done' most all of my triggers throughout the day. In addition to continuing urinotherapy, I've (today) not restricted my diet whatsoever, eating sugar even, and have masturbated frequently. We'll see tomorrow how this tides over.

To summarize, and tl;dr:

-No acne 'products'

-Showering, twice daily, lukewarm water

-Urine therapy, twice daily.

-Supplement Curcumin, MSM and Chromium

-Lessen masturbating

-Paleo diet; veggies, white meats.

I really think the urine therapy is working. Time will tell; I'll update again as I continue with this regimine.

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 11/11/2012 1:28 am

Images. Yes, they're big, I didn't take the time to resize. You can see on the right cheek a lot of the persistent acne I've had for the better part of this year is starting to dry up /fade.

right cheek

right_cheek_jpg.jpg

right jawline

rightjawline_jpg.jpg

left cheek

LEFTcheek_jpg.jpg

left neck

left_neck_jpg.jpg

forehead

forehead_jpg.jpg

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:58 pm

Your skin does not appear to be effected by a long history of acne. It seems you have really good skin everywhere else, with some acne pustules.

What's your diet like? I believe acne forms in areas where major blood vessels travel. Since you have some on your neck and jaw, perhaps it might be caused by hormonal imbalances.

I would try adjusting diet, like many have said. I cleared up my own acne with diet and can offer any help you need.

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:13 am

Hi jarrit

As I've mentioned, diet is currently for the most part paleo. No dairy whatsoever, cut sugars as best as possible, lots of veggies, white meats (chicken, turkey) and water.

Curious what should I further adjust? What does your diet consist of?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 11/14/2012 11:17 pm

Acne appears worse some days, still hoping dietary changes will render me some success.

Ever since trying caveman regimen for a couple weeks and having a terrible breakout, my acne has 'changed' where it likes to reside. It now plagues my neck and forehead, whereas it did not before, in ADDITION to my cheek area. This is disappointing

And jarrit; I do have a rather long history with acne. Still wondering if you're to recommend any further dietary changes.

MemberMember
(@clandestine)

Posted : 11/22/2012 7:30 am

Could use some fucking advice here.

Significantly distressed; acne is becoming worse. For some reason I'm developing these massive cysts everywhere.

Please, someone.

It's literally all over my cheeks, forehead, and neck area (both sides).

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 10:10 am

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to give you. My best knowledge is with topical treatments - which is the absolute opposite of the Caveman Regimen. But I did want to say that my heart goes out to you. It's okay to be upset and it's okay to be scared. We are here for you.

MemberMember
(@ashala)

Posted : 12/01/2012 2:08 pm

I don't really post on the forums anymore but I wanted to just give my own advice to you, as someone who's been water-only since 2011: It doesn't work for everyone.

It might work for you with time, but if you are finding that right now it's worse, then I recommend going back to whatever regimen has worked the best so far. If you are determined to see if a no-product approach works for you then instead of twice a day usage you could cut it back to once a day. However, popping whiteheads will also make them worse overall, so if you are picking at them then that's probably a huge factor in why your skin is not clearing up. Even just a few picks here and there will deter results. You HAVE to tough that out and let them run their course. One thing that works well for un-picked blemishes is a hot compress. I did this for a sore zit a while ago and it definitely helped. It could help your pustules dry out faster. But really the only solution for now is NOT picking. So if you think you can stomach not picking completely then perhaps give water-only a shot still.

But otherwise my only other recommendations would be to stop the urine therapy and to stop the supplementation. Unless your doctor advised them they are probably unneeded and could be making things worse. I know that zinc seemed to make my issues worse.