Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Diet Poll

MemberMember
(@truliana)

Posted : 10/20/2012 4:10 pm

Some of the answers to a previous thread got me thinking- so I thought I would start a thread to see what others thought/did.

When you were on accutane, did you really pay attention to what you ate? In terms of cholesterol or Vitamin A? Does it really make much of a difference? What were your experiences?

A part of me thinks that it might be blown out of proportion- two of my dermatologists never said anything about avoiding these foods, but I see some say otherwise. Lets see what experiences you all have.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2012 7:16 pm

Some of the answers to a previous thread got me thinking- so I thought I would start a thread to see what others thought/did.

When you were on accutane, did you really pay attention to what you ate? In terms of cholesterol or Vitamin A? Does it really make much of a difference? What were your experiences?

A part of me thinks that it might be blown out of proportion- two of my dermatologists never said anything about avoiding these foods, but I see some say otherwise. Lets see what experiences you all have.

I just avoid carrots and fish. And try (but fail, mostly) to drink plenty of water.

That's about it.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 10/20/2012 8:05 pm

I just avoid carrots and fish. And try (but fail, mostly) to drink plenty of water.

That's about it.

Why do you avoid fish? I've been eating fish on accutane :/

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2012 9:41 pm

Why do you avoid fish? I've been eating fish on accutane :/

I think fish is a source of vitamin A, so adding more of it to your body can be harmful.

Vitamin A sources:

Vitamin A is found in dark green and yellow vegetables and yellow fruits, such as broccoli spinach, turnip greens, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cantaloupe, and apricots, and in animal sources such as liver, milk, butter, cheese, and whole eggs.

Nope, I was wrong. Hahaha