Notifications
Clear all

Sd Officially Sucks.

MemberMember
(@nauseating)

Posted : 10/20/2012 9:03 am

I think I've definitely got SD. The last year the corners of my nose and the skin around my nose have been so prone to flaking and redness and dryness. I've kind of cured the flakiness with vaseline but the redness is still apparent. However I'm always so paranoid that I've started flaking in my lectures. It doesnt help having an oily nose area from the constant moisturising too. I'm scared the vaseline is spreading the SD now too? The redness is moving towards my cheeks now. I'm really stressed at what to do that I haven't even got a regimen in place. I've stopped washing with Cetaphil and now I'm just moisturising the dry areas from the SD with vaseline. I've noticed whenever I go on holiday the SD subsides and my skins balance is normal and healthy. Has anybody experienced a similar case to this? I need a plan! :(

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 10/21/2012 7:27 pm

Yep I get the holiday thing aswell. My theory is that the sunlight kills the yeast on the skin that causes the SD. However I wouldn't start sunbathing everyday as this will lead to other problems such as premature ageing.