Notifications
Clear all

The Never Ending Pimple.

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 10/19/2012 7:03 pm

Hi guys

For the past 3, maybe 4, months I've had this one pimple that is never ending. it's around near my chin/jaw and about the size of a pea. However my issue is that it just does not go away. well it comes and goes. For example one week it's the most inflamed gross thing ever..then it 'heals'. I then just have a little scar and it's all flat and non inflamed...the next week it's back the exact same pimple. It's the weirdest thing ever. I apologize if this sounds gross but it's almost like it just refills with sebum on rotation. It is actually never ending!

I'm curious if anyone may know why this can happen and or what I should do naturally to stop it from continuing on. I dont touch it either unless it clearly is better off I guess you could say 'drained' but i'm wondering if anyones had similar experiences and what they did to stop it? The fact that it's not a different pimple or moving spots is what's confused me.

Only 4 hours ago it was flat and a 'nothing' and just a left over scar...now it's a raised bump again and hurting -_- ...but then what I just pop it and recycle the experience again >.<

It's weird but I'm almost more curious how and why this can happen rather than what to do to fix it because nothing has worked so far :/

MemberMember
(@user185679)

Posted : 10/19/2012 8:04 pm

Picking and popping acne can definitely make it reoccur in the same exact spot, especially if you don't pop them correctly. I'm very guilty of this and will have that same problem from time to time.

It could also be a follicular wall weakness in that one area of skin which makes it more susceptible to irritations.

Those are the only two reasons I can come up with right now, but I'm sure someone around here can clarify and add to this.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 10/19/2012 8:36 pm

I have this issue too. It's often with a particular spot on my cheek or chin and they're the type that don't usually come to a head. It's like they heal then flare up again. I haven't had problems with the one on my chin for a while and I think this is because I purposely stopped myself from touching it or messing with it at all. No matter how bad it looked. I thought that doing this would just let it go through it's own 'life cycle' / let it to heal properly on it's own. I personally think that's the issue - not letting them heal properly.

I asked a similar question a while ago and this is the reply I got from a member of this site:

There could be two things going on here:

1) If it is traditional acne caused by a sebum plug: Sometimes when you've had acne in one spot the pore can get "impacted". Basically the sebum is so far down that the plug never comes out. So it will continually get inflamed. For an impacted pore, the only things that have helped me are cortisone shots from the derm and about 4-6 months of Retin A.

2) If it is a hormonal cyst, then it has little to do with sebum. Hormonal cysts tend to come up and recede as your hormones fluctuate. Although they have pus and other fluid in them, their root cause isn't a sebum plug. It is not entirely understood why hormonal cysts appear on certain spots of the skin. These just don't go away until you fix the hormone problem.

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 10/19/2012 10:19 pm

yeah same thing with me - except it's in the MIDDLE OF MY FOREHEAD. it's horrible :( it happens every month. i'm hoping i killed it though with clearasil's acne marks lotion

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/19/2012 11:07 pm

I hate those kind! I had three that seemed to go away with bp but would return month after month. The only way I was able to get rid of them was making them come to a head with Epsom salt and get them nice a ripe haha. Then I would pop it and everything usually comes out. Don't know if that's a smart idea but it's the only thing that worked for me.