Notifications
Clear all

I Need A Drink That Won't Cause Acne To Help Me Stay Up

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 10/17/2012 9:30 pm

Green tea. Natural caffeine and is actually beneficial to you unlike those artificially flavored drinks people drink. Put some lemon and honey in it and you're good to go.

clambak3, acnelove and liked
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/17/2012 9:56 pm

carrot juice

You liked
MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/18/2012 4:30 am

So I didn't know where to put this but here goes. I am in high school and because of my tough class load and lots of extracurriculars, I find myself having to stay up late, and because my parents try to help but don't really understand they'll get me those bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos which have loads of sugar and milk, which I know are at least partial causes of my acne. Basically, I need something to help me stay up, whether at night or at school the next day, that won't cause me acne. I don't care if it is in food or drink form, but I'm guessing it will be some sort of drink.

Drink plenty of water and eat well. That's all you need.

Never rely on something that states it will keep you awake.

My tip for better energy. Take carbs out of your breakfast and and mid morning assuming you eat mid morning.

Once i started doing this i had much more energy through the day and didn't feel sluggish. I am not saying this is a cure for faigue or will work for everyone, however maintaining high protein and essential fats early morning is very good stop one have drops of energy throughout the day. A strong multivitamin wouldn't go a miss also

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:08 am

I been wondering the same thing lately myself. I avoid all caffeine now, even the small amount in green tea, but I have a big work load with uni lately so it's meant a lot of late nights recently.

A friend of mine swears by apples to keep her awake / give her a kick start in the morning as she doesn't like coffee. I also find that it helps me out.

I don't know if there's scientific research to back that up but I've heard it from a few other people too. So if you have no issues with fruit/apples causing acne then maybe you could give that a go. Other than that - keep a cold glass of water next to you to drink and keep yourself hydrated as you work - I find that helps me out anyway.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:08 pm

You don't want to stay up at night. Sleep and circadian rhythm have a huge impact on health including many factors that directly impact acne such as hormones, stress, and blood ugar metabolism.