Notifications
Clear all

Brown Rice And Acne?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 10/15/2012 8:09 am

I see many people talking about brown rice contribute to acne. But i don't really see how?

Brown rice are gluten free, and the Gl index is 50 - which means low?

Why would it contribute to acne?

MemberMember
(@fjshadowz)

Posted : 10/15/2012 8:33 am

BROWN rice is a good replacement for WHITERICE -.- i dunno why it can contribute to acne i think those informations are wrong hehehe .

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:54 pm

I see many people talking about brown rice contribute to acne. But i don't really see how?

Brown rice GI is higher than white.

Depending on the types of white rice and the way it is prepared most of the time it is slightly lower than brown rice.

Brown rice is overrated and it taste crap.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 10/15/2012 3:07 pm

Brown rice GI is higher than white.

Depending on the types of white rice and the way it is prepared most of the time it is slightly lower than brown rice.

Brown rice is overrated and it taste crap.

That is not right at all.

http://www.carbs-information.com/gi-value-starchy-foods.htm

Brown rice are low and white rice are medium.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/15/2012 3:15 pm

Brown rice a GI of 55 which is roughly the same as long grain or basmalti.

What i said was that the GI can lower or raise depending how the rice is cooked.

Yes brown rice arguably has a better nutrient content but the GI is irrelevant when comparing the two as they are almost identical.

http://www.livestron...-vs-white-rice/

MemberMember
(@verdnase)

Posted : 10/15/2012 3:58 pm

Brown rice is fine just as long as you don't go overboard. Carrots rate high on the GI scale, but that doesn't mean you should avoid them, the typical serving is usually small to cause is any harm.

White rice has no hull so it's more easily digested than brown. Your stomach breaks down brown rice much slower because of the hull, just like most grains that are whole unprocessed and intact. Whole grain bread is not whole as it been milled into a flour and it will get digested rapidly, regardless of brown or white bread. The general rule when it comes to grains, the more you have to chew the better.

Unless you have an allergy, there is nothing wrong with grains if you have acne, just as long are they are whole or cracked and unrefined.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/16/2012 6:06 am

Soaking brown rice overnight before cooking makes it more digestible.

MemberMember
(@clark-dan-2020hotmail-com)

Posted : 09/16/2020 8:53 pm

Some people has body acne when eat whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, oats because they are more hard to digest than the refined grains like white rice. If the person has leaky gut, food intolerance, the whole grain can cause body acne.