Notifications
Clear all

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer

MemberMember
(@benvsacne)

Posted : 10/12/2012 5:41 am

Should start off by saying that I am not on the regimen; but this seemed like the best place to post this!

I had moderately severe acne for around 3 years, but managed to get it more or less under control for the last year. Having said this, I still got numerous tiny whiteheads on my cheeks. I tried changing a few bits (drinking less, exercising more and less (one way to relieve stress, the other so I don't sweat as much) and altering my diet)- but nothing seemed to work.

Long and short of it, I went to boots to try changing my face wash/moisturiser- was intent on buying products in the Simple range as I was strapped for cash but instead bought the eucerin dermo purifyer cleanser and two lots of moisturiser (had a 3 for 2 offer- and the moisturiser looked a bit on the small side!).

Just shy of two weeks I've seen a massive improvement- I'll be honest, it may be coincidental and may have nothing to do with the cleanser/moisturiser- or it may just be that the cleanser and moisturisers I was using prior (cetaphil) was causing it- but I've seen a massive improvement in my skin. Hasn't been this good in years!

I'm a bit wary of sounding like an advert so I will say that the eucerin products aren't perfect- if you're on the regimen it may be a bit drying, and it works out quite expensive; but still for me it worked wonders. So if you have oily skin and you aren't on the regimen and looking for something new to try, give it a shout!

I can't vouch for eucerin's other products (scrub/toner) as I've never used 'em; so they could be terrible!

Also again sorry if I sound like an advert- just wanted to filter some positive feedback biggrin.png I'm sure there may be other products just as good if not better!

MemberMember
(@benvsacne)

Posted : 11/13/2012 7:21 pm

Well a month on and no replies- but I thought I'd update anyhoo :)

My skin has remained (for the most part atleast) clear. I do still get the odd tiny whitehead (at the time of writing I have two) but in comparison to when I was using cetaphil, where I had dozens on each cheek, it's a massive improvement. The moisturiser does seem to run out relatively quickly (finished it in about 3-4 weeks), especially considering the price but overall I'm more than happy to pay it! I've also stopped using AHA+ as I simply don't feel I need it- my skin seems/looks a fair bit smoother.

So yeah as I said before it may not be ideal if you're on the regimen but for those looking for a 'ligther' alternative or just want to try something different, give it a shot! It took a couple of weeks to start seeing improvement but I'm over the moon none the less!

Oh and another plus- didn't realise what a difference having a moisturiser with a MATTE finish makes! I'm sure loads of moisturisers are like this but having used cetaphil for close to two years I'd become accustomed to seeing all the flaws exacerbated by my shiny skin.

etc etc. :)

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 12/04/2012 1:39 pm

Glad it worked for you. I used the cleanser for a while and found it a bit overdrying for my regime, so like you say it might not be ideal if your on the regimen, but as a stand alone treatment it's sounds like a good choice.

Like most brands eucerin I find tends to be a mixed bag for acne suffers. I love there replenishing face cream, but there aquaporin range broke me out.

MemberMember
(@zapha)

Posted : 02/13/2013 2:30 pm

Hi mate can you tell me which of the eucin products you are using cause I believe they have changed some of the dermo range recently?! Wouldn't mind trying them out myself? You can get them from Boots right?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/13/2013 3:55 pm

I tried these a while back but i only used the day/night moisturizers. I cant really remember what they did for my skin, so obviously not a lot.

The whole range is based on the active ingridient of lactic acid ( AHA )- Quinoderm contains a lot of this (it is the first ingredient listed after the two active ones), Eucerin talk about it like a magic elixir that only their products harness.

MemberMember
(@benvsacne)

Posted : 02/20/2013 5:56 pm

Hi mate can you tell me which of the eucin products you are using cause I believe they have changed some of the dermo range recently?! Wouldn't mind trying them out myself? You can get them from Boots right?

I'm just using the cleanser and hydrating care moisturiser- they're pretty expensive (the moisturiser in particular considering the size of the container) but if you have relatively oily skin and are willing to give it a month or so (took around that length of time for me to see real results anyhoo) then I'd definitely give it a shot! :) There's a few other bits in the range like a toner and what have you but I don't really bother with 'em. If you do go for these try not to use more than a single pump for the moisturiser! Will end up using it in a flash otherwise.

I tried these a while back but i only used the day/night moisturizers. I cant really remember what they did for my skin, so obviously not a lot.

The whole range is based on the active ingridient of lactic acid ( AHA )- Quinoderm contains a lot of this (it is the first ingredient listed after the two active ones), Eucerin talk about it like a magic elixir that only their products harness.

Yeah to be honest I'm not sure if it's a case of my use of Cetaphil for a good 2 years causing the mass of whiteheads or whether this product remedied 'em. Still, it really has worked a treat for me (having tried a good dozen or so cleansers) so I'm not going to jump ship any time soon :)

Also, liking the Grimes avatar! :)

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/21/2013 2:53 pm

Yeah to be honest I'm not sure if it's a case of my use of Cetaphil for a good 2 years causing the mass of whiteheads or whether this product remedied 'em. Still, it really has worked a treat for me (having tried a good dozen or so cleansers) so I'm not going to jump ship any time soon smile.png

Also, liking the Grimes avatar! smile.png

yeah I think the philosophy of keeping your natural oils sounds nice (cetaphil) but when your skin is acne prone it just doesnt work sad.png I just remembered too, if you send an email to Eucerin saying something about how you dont know what would be best for your skin type theyll send you a load of free samples whistling.gif) thanks!! youre the first one to notice, shes my favourite boogie.gif

MemberMember
(@barnesy99)

Posted : 05/17/2013 5:10 am

All Eucerin products are 3 for 2 in Boots at the moment. Time to stock up if you use them!!

MemberMember
(@snuffles)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:50 pm

eah to be honest I'm not sure if it's a case of my use of Cetaphil for a good 2 years causing the mass of whiteheads or whether this product remedied 'em. Still, it really has worked a treat for me (having tried a good dozen or so cleansers) so I'm not going to jump ship any time soon smile.png

Also, liking the Grimes avatar! smile.png

I think it's probably the Cetaphil moisturizer, not the cleanser. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser really stabilized my skin, but the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion was a whole different story. It felt horribly greasy just sitting on my skin all day and not being absorbed, and it caused a whitehead. I discontinued after one or two uses.