Notifications
Clear all

How Much Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@gillianlillian)

Posted : 10/10/2012 10:33 pm

Hey there everyone! I just started using the regimen yesterday, and I had a quick question about the moisturizer. In all of the instructions and tutorials, it says to use 2 full pumps. Do you find this to work for you? Even if I use 1.5 pumps, there is still a LOT of moisturizer that is just sitting there on my face. I know it says in the instructions that it may not all soak in while you're moving it around with your fingers, but it just seems like there is way too much that my skin isn't absorbing! Is this just because my skin is not used to it yet? Any insight? Thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/13/2012 4:02 pm

For me, the recommended amount of moisturizer was way too much for me. I did not experience much dryness or irritation when starting the regimen, so it was simply too much moisturizer. However, it is vitally important to adequately moisturize your skin on the regimen.

MemberMember
(@gillianlillian)

Posted : 10/15/2012 3:30 pm

Thanks! Since I'm noticing some dryness and itchiness during the day, is it ok to use more moisturizer halfway through the day, then the full cleanser/treatment/moisturizer regimen again at night?

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/20/2012 12:01 pm

Thanks! Since I'm noticing some dryness and itchiness during the day, is it ok to use more moisturizer halfway through the day, then the full cleanser/treatment/moisturizer regimen again at night?

Are you using the full regimen in the morning as well as at night? If you're still experiencing dryness and discomfort during the day, then you probably should decrease you moisturizer in the morning. But you could also apply extra moisturizer during the day if you feel you need it. Make sure that you're being extra gentle while applying your products, especially if you're applying extra throughout the day.

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/20/2012 12:14 pm

imo, it's a bit over-kill.

Not to bash the regimen or anything-- but hey, they don't want that bottle filled forever eusa_whistle.gif

MemberMember
(@bjgsam1)

Posted : 10/21/2012 10:40 am

Hey there everyone! I just started using the regimen yesterday, and I had a quick question about the moisturizer. In all of the instructions and tutorials, it says to use 2 full pumps. Do you find this to work for you? Even if I use 1.5 pumps, there is still a LOT of moisturizer that is just sitting there on my face. I know it says in the instructions that it may not all soak in while you're moving it around with your fingers, but it just seems like there is way too much that my skin isn't absorbing! Is this just because my skin is not used to it yet? Any insight? Thanks a lot!

I had the exact same problem as you when I first started out with the regimen, there was absolutely no way I could get all of that moisturizer absorbed. What I found is that the amount of moisturizer you use should be equal to the amount of treatment/BP you are using, since you have to work up to the full dosage of BP, it only makes sense that you have to do the same with the moisturizer. Once you have been using BP for awhile though, your skin will probably start to dry out, in which case you can then use the full to pumps, or if needed, start applying jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/21/2012 9:09 pm

The two pumps does seem to be un-necessary for some people but for me it was vital. I have extremely dry skin anyway and obviously the BP just made that worse. I applied the two pumps of moisturiser in two stages, 1 pump gently rubbed in and then a second pump around 5 mins later. In the first few months of the regimen I also applied more moisturiser during the day as I found around 2pm my face was really drying out. But I made sure to apply it very gently and of course washed my hands before touching my face. Maybe the two stage application of the moisturiser might be helpful to you too, but you're still only in the first week so you're more than likely not suffering from dry skin as yet if you've started nice and slow. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@gillianlillian)

Posted : 10/23/2012 11:29 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions! As I've increased my BP over the past 2 weeks, I've definitely experienced a lot more dryness, so using the full amount of moisturizer has been essential.

How would you recommend incorporating jojoba oil into the regimen with my super dry skin? So far I've just been using it to remove my eye makeup (I have not been wearing face makeup). Someone on another forum recommended rubbing it into your skin before the cleanser to remove the dry flakiness. Other people have said to add a few drops into the moisturizer. What seems to work best?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/23/2012 11:58 pm

I would suggest just adding a few drops into the moisturiser. Many people following the regimen applied the jojoba oil on their face as a type of exfoliant before cleansing, but personally I didnt want to change any step and veer away from the regimen instructions. I felt that if I altered the regimen steps in any way and in a few months I still wasnt clear, I didnt want to be in the situation where I thought "if only I followed the instructions exactly and maybe I might be clear by now".

Personally I just accepted that my skin was going to be dry and flaky and that slowly this would improve over time. I'm not saying it was easy, but in the end the regimen worked perfectly for me and I'm grateful that I followed it to a T.

Just be careful to not increase your BP amount too quickly, but it sounds like you have it under control. Jojoba oil is fantastic, and once you've reached the 4-5 week mark and can incorporate AHA+ you may find that it also helps an incredible amount with hydration and flaking.

MemberMember
(@gillianlillian)

Posted : 10/24/2012 10:14 pm

I'll definitely keep this in mind! Thanks again to everyone for their help. There's a lot to adjust to when starting the regimen, but I know it'll be worth it! :)