Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FLgators22

Accutane And Moisturizer

I just started accutane and am starting to get red, dry, irritated face but I see my acne bumps flaky and exfoliating. Should I still use a moisturizer at night and in the morning or should I just use a cleanser?

you should moisturize, and cleanse morning and night. I havn't gotten that dry yet i started like 6 days ago, but as soon as i get some what dry am going to start moisturizing.

Definitely use a good moisturizer after using a gentle cleanser twice a day. And use one with sunscreen during the day. Your skin will be too dried out and flaky without using a moisturizer.

Can anyone suggest a good moisturizer for accutane ? I just started yeserday... I normally use carley's for acne prone skin but I have a feeling with the accutane this will not be sufficient....and cetaphil which seems to be the most common stays so greasy all day.

Yes definitely use moisturiser! I used Cetaphil, which was brilliant - stopped the skin on my face being too dry and it doesn't clog up your pores.

Guest *Spiro*

Can anyone suggest a good moisturizer for accutane ? I just started yeserday... I normally use carley's for acne prone skin but I have a feeling with the accutane this will not be sufficient....and cetaphil which seems to be the most common stays so greasy all day.

I love CeraVe moisturizing cream In the tub. It's worked great for my accutane course

Thank you! I will definitely check it out! it is very hard to find a moisturizer that doesnt have acne medication in it that doesnt break you out AND has sunscreen

Thank you! I will definitely check it out! it is very hard to find a moisturizer that doesnt have acne medication in it that doesnt break you out AND has sunscreen

CeraVe AM is good for when you need a sunscreen.

Bert's Bee's has great moisturizers that are 99% all natural so you are not putting any perfumes or added chemicals onto your face. Clinique moisture surge also works wonders. Another tip: leave your moisturizer in the fridge, after washing your face (well for me personally) it tends to kinda feel like my skin is burning as it is drying out, so the cold moisturizer feels great and works well, hope that helps!