Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elchacal123

Accutane The Lip Dryness

It was around 7 days for me before I experienced any lip dryness, or major dryness in general. Even now (day 13), my lips only require a little chapstick a couple of times a day. My skin is pretty flaky though.

My dosage is just 30mg a day at the moment though.

Hiya,

I'm in the middle of week # 2 with the 'ole Claravis. I'm prescribed 80 mg/day (which seems like a way-too-high dosage for my type of acne) Anywho, I got dry lips about a week into it, but mine now still aren't too bad. Aquaphor works wonders, def use it. Don't use chapsticks...they won't do anything for you...kind of defeats the purpose in a sense.

I started a blog, gives really detailed side effects/etc day by day...definitely check it out, it could help you out (possibly!)

http://shmaccutane.wordpress.com/

xoxo

Aquaphor works wonders, def use it. Don't use chapsticks...they won't do anything for you...kind of defeats the purpose in a sense.

Care to elaborate? They both share the same main ingredient, petrolatum (same as Vaseline), so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Aquaphor works wonders, def use it. Don't use chapsticks...they won't do anything for you...kind of defeats the purpose in a sense.

Care to elaborate? They both share the same main ingredient, petrolatum (same as Vaseline), so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

From my knowledge, chap sticks/balms and moisturizers aren't the same thing. Chap stick locks the moisture in (which with accutane, there is no moisture in the lips..obviously) and with the 'tane there's a lack of oil not the moisture so therefore, a moisturizer is recommended....not saying the chap stick doesn't work BUT from majority of the people who used aquaphor/other types of moisturizing lip stuff, they say it's the best.

thank you this is my fourth day now, but still don't have dry lips i was just scared it wasn't working ;/

No, it is working dear! Promise you'll start seeing stuff happen pretty soon..like I said check out my blog and it might answer some questions you have!!

BTW I totally recommend using aquaphor (or whatever other lip moisturizer you plan to use) even BEFORE you start getting chapped lips...it really helped me a lot, I think.

xo

I've been on Claravis for about 3 weeks and my lips aren't really dry. I started using aquaphor on day 1 and it has definitely helped a lot. The corners of my mouth have started to get a little cracky over tha past week or so but overall my lips are fine. The rest of my skin, however, is very dry.