Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
easymoney

Fraxel C02

CO2 isn't as important as ablative or non-ablative.

Re:store is non-ablative. Re:pair is ablative.

Both Deep and Active FX are both technically fractional ablative lasers. The big different is that Active FX's laser is very wide, but it does not penetrate very deep at all, meaning it is next to useless for scars. Deep FX has narrow columns that penetrate very deep. This means that it's good for scars.

Total FX is a combination of both.

Deepfx + Activefx (called totalfx) are both one laser - just different heads. Repair and Deepfx are comparable and ablative (useful for acne scars). Restore + Activefx are only superficial and not really useful for scars.

Deepfx + Activefx (called totalfx) are both one laser - just different heads. Repair and Deepfx are comparable and ablative (useful for acne scars). Restore + Activefx are only superficial and not really useful for scars.

It's not even a different head, actually, they just change the settings.

It's not even a different head, actually, they just change the settings.

It is a different handpiece, not just settings. The different pieces are clearly illustrated here:

http://www.aesthetic.lumenis.com/ultrapulse

In response to the OP, Restore is a non-ablative erbium laser (not Co2). Repair is an ablative Co2 laser. Deep FX & Active FX are both ablative Co2 lasers. Deep FX penetrates up to 2mm deep with a spot size of 0.12 mm at a density of up to 25% (I think). Active FX penetrates 0.3 mm deep with a spot size of 1.3 mm and density up to 100%. At full density, it is comparable to traditional, fully ablative Co2 laser. I am not sure about the density or spot size of Repair but I believe the spot size is comparable to Deep FX with a density up to 60%. However, the depth of penetration is closer to 1.6mm. Repair is also applied with a roller.

It is a different handpiece, not just settings. The different pieces are clearly illustrated here:

http://www.aesthetic....com/ultrapulse

Huh, I didn't even realize. I had read that SCAAR FX is just a different setting and, thus, assumed that the other lasers were also different settings. Does that mean SCAAR FX is also a different handpiece?

http://www.aesthetic....com/ultrapulse

Huh, I didn't even realize. I had read that SCAAR FX is just a different setting and, thus, assumed that the other lasers were also different settings. Does that mean SCAAR FX is also a different handpiece?

SCAAR FX uses the Deep FX handpiece with different settings.