Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hmcate

Watch Out For Side Effects

my son has autoimmune issues and had ulcerative colitis in 2011, which is an autoimmune disease. had his colon removed, did well, but still had acne from the massive amounts of steriods. have heard and seen great things about minocycline. got is prescribed. dermotologist gave us samples first while we ordered online.

after 4 days, my son had severe headaches, neckaches and went into heart failure. in cardiac intensive care for 15 days. Cardiologists said this med doesn't affect your heart, you can use it. got out of the hospital, 3 weeks later, medicine came in. my son took one tablet about 10pm, in the hospital by 6am. I believe it was a side effect due to his immune system being compromised. He hasn't taken since and is doing well. Read up on the side effects, they wouldn't be there if it hadn't happened to someone.

my son's issue could be all due to his current immune system. if you or your child have any issues with your immune system, be careful of this drug.