Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
microbiek

Saw Palmetto And The Gym

Hi Everyone,

At the start of the summer i started going to the gym to lift weights, and overall i felt it helped with my skin (I have persistent moderate acne around my mouth/goatee area). In addition to this I tried to reduce masturbation....and I noticed an improvement surprised.gif

Later in the summer i began taking omegas, zinc and vit A....while it didnt increase the improvements i had seen, it didnt worsen things either.

Then at the start of august I started taking B5 with ALCAR and it got to the point towards the end of august where I had no active pimples....then I suddently broke out again with 8 new active spots!!! strongsad.gif

So its quite puzzling to me how to combat the whole thing....I'm 99% sure its a hormonal problem and my latest research has brought me to saw palmetto which helps to balance hormones/block DHT?

So i'm wondering do you think if the gym was helping with my acne that saw palmetto will hinder it? eusa_think.gif

Cheerssurprised.gif

Saw palmetto is anti-androgen. Try it out

It isn't really anti-androgen, it inhibits DHT. People with acne tend to have more dht receptors or higher dht conversion.

Plus saw palmetto strengthens the thyroid gland, which is related to hormones.

Saw palmetto is anti-androgen. Try it out

It isn't really anti-androgen, it inhibits DHT. People with acne tend to have more dht receptors or higher dht conversion.

Plus saw palmetto strengthens the thyroid gland, which is related to hormones.

Would you happen to have any links where I could read up on this? I've googled it but am just getting general stuff?

Ive ordered some SP as it seems worth giving a shot!!