Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Inspired*

Any Experience With Dr. Ben Behnam In Los Angeles?

About a month ago, I had a consultation with Dr. Ben Behnam of Santa Monica Dermatology & Hair Restoration. He's actually in practice with his twin brother, Dr. Sam Behnam. Ben is the dermatologist and specializes in acne scar treatment. Sam specializes in hair restoration. I found both doctors extremely friendly, and Ben knowledgeable about acne scar treatment. He had a great sense of humor, and appeared entertained by my skepticism and dozens of detailed questions. Most doctors find it a bit odd when I start grilling them but he handled it really well.;) During my consultation, we discussed the results of various scientific studies, the efficacy of different techniques on my type of scarring, debated the differences between ablative Co2 lasers & whether penetration depth really matters, and more. I definitely took up a lot of his time. Fortunately, consultation was free. He is experienced with TCA Cross, saline subcision (he was personally trained by Dr. Sire on this technique), subcision with suction, as well as fractional Co2 laser. He specializes in SmartXide as his preferred fractional co2 laser for acne scars.

Anyway, I'm just curious to know if anyone has any experience with Ben Behnam. If so, please share your experience and/or opinion on his expertise.

Thank you!