Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brizzle82

Can Someone School Me On Cerave Moisturizer?

i've been on the regime for about 3 weeks now and am looking for an alternative to dan's moisturizer due to lots and lots of flakiness on my face. i've searched the forum and found that ceraVe was recommended and that it has a sunscreen in it. i'd just like to hear from people who have used it and liked/didnt like it....and maybe learn some more about it, such as if it helps with flakes or leaves my skin shiny, etc..

thanks!

i've been on the regime for about 3 weeks now and am looking for an alternative to dan's moisturizer due to lots and lots of flakiness on my face. i've searched the forum and found that ceraVe was recommended and that it has a sunscreen in it. i'd just like to hear from people who have used it and liked/didnt like it....and maybe learn some more about it, such as if it helps with flakes or leaves my skin shiny, etc..

thanks!

CeraVe Moisturizer does not have sunscreen. The CeraVe AM formulation does.

No moisturizer will make your flakes go away. The flaking isn't really from the dryness, it's from incomplete skin shedding. BP does this to a lot of people.

My recommendation would be: when you cleanse, take a wet washcloth and gentle rub in tiny circles where you have flakes to remove them. Follow up with CeraVe AM in the morning, and just plain CeraVe at night.

Please see my post from today for answers to your question: bottom line -> CeraVe (just the regular lotion, I didn't get AM bc. fear sunscreen for now) was a HUGE improvement in flakiness for me and my face was literally falling off on Acne.org lotion. Jojoba was no good (broke me out), and washcloths are to be avoided at all costs (this latter isn't just Dan's advice, its all of derma's advice).

Cheers!

thanks!

CeraVe Moisturizer does not have sunscreen. The CeraVe AM formulation does.

No moisturizer will make your flakes go away. The flaking isn't really from the dryness, it's from incomplete skin shedding. BP does this to a lot of people.

My recommendation would be: when you cleanse, take a wet washcloth and gentle rub in tiny circles where you have flakes to remove them. Follow up with CeraVe AM in the morning, and just plain CeraVe at night.

Tips for dryness: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

I would urge you to get some jojoba oil and add a few drops to your moisturizer. It can make a world of difference.

Please see my post from today for answers to your question: bottom line -> CeraVe (just the regular lotion, I didn't get AM bc. fear sunscreen for now) was a HUGE improvement in flakiness for me and my face was literally falling off on Acne.org lotion. Jojoba was no good (broke me out), and washcloths are to be avoided at all costs (this latter isn't just Dan's advice, its all of derma's advice).

Cheers!

ok thank you guys....

i have been using jojoba oil mixed with 2 pumps of dan's moisturizer. i just upped in to 6 drops today and it seems to be keeping the flakes at bay for the time being, but my skin is REALLY shiny. i should clarify that im only using the regimen on my facial hair area, so the 2 full pumps with the oil takes a long time to absorb. seems like the shine does subside a bit as the day wears on, tho not fully.

anons,

why don't you use the AM with sunscreen? im just confused by what you said haha. also, how is the ceraVe compared to dan's moisturizer....greasy, light, does it soothe..etc

..and can/would i possibly need to add jojoba oil to it if my skin is very dry?