Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi am 21 years old male and I am from Peru, I have olive skin and I tried retin a which worked but I after I stopped it all came back worse. I just recently started developing cystic acne at 21. I need help my life is ruined by scars, I wish to go out and meet people but my acne aNd scars hold me back. I am literally in my room all the time and I can't stand it anymore. I went to the doctor without insurance and he said that it is my genetics, he said I have rolling scars, and one deep icepick scar they are all mainly on my cheeks. But that's not all it looks like I got bruises on my face because I am still suffering from cystic acne. Not even my mom feels comfortable going out with me, she tells to use her Mac concealer. All I noticed is that it made it worse but what can I do I am so self conscious. I am really depressed and without a job things look even uglier, I am a complete outcast. Can someone please give some good advice on some over the counter product that I can use. I have very oily skin even with the stupid clearasil that I use every night. I feel bad, irritated, sad, and all I wanna do is sleep, I feel miserable because I want to help my mom but no I am burden for her because I don't have a job.

I try to be positive but once I look in the mirror I just wanna give up. My whole life revolves around my skin, am I selfish?

I don't know if you have access to all possible solutions, but at the very least just wash your face twice a day, don't pick or touch your face, and drink lots of water. Also, try to reduce the amount of milk, junk food, and wheat in your diet. If you have access to lemons, that may work, though I haven't tried it because I am on dkr. Just google something along the lines of "lemon acne treatment". And finally, try not to look in mirrors that often, because you will stress yourself out and that will make your acne even worse.

Why did you go off, could you no long afford it? Yo can buy Retin-A online. It is still expensive, but you can find it. I would also look for AHA creams or acne products with retinoids---glycolic acids have the same effect of rebuilding collagen, is which is what you're trying to do. I'm researching dermarollers myself. I use salicylic acid astringent and an aloe moisturizer like this http://www.triderma.com/facial-redness-repair-cream.html

The problem with benzoyl peroxide is that it darks acne marks. I still use it for zits, but I hate it. Look for skin lightening ingredients online--kojic acid and vitamin c are too. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garnier-Skin-Renew-Clinical-Dark-Spot-Corrector-1.7-fl-oz/17209332

Don't use make-up willy nilly. It has crap in it.There's nothing wrong with men wearing makeup because they're judged for acne too. http://beautifulwithbrains.com/2009/06/10/what-ingredients-are-comedogenic/

Good luck. I hate living with this too.

hey dude, i totally feel your pain. i have pretty bad acne to the point of crippling my social life and career goals, and the worst part is that my family doesn't understand how bad it feels. They always wonder why I'm so stressed out all the time and complain about how selfish I am with my skin. I guess we are selfish, but I think anyone would be if they had such disfigured skin like we do...

anyway, I've personally had a lot of success recently by converting to a healthier diet. Cystic acne is usually due to some deeper underlying issue with your body and topicals are really only a temporary fix. If you are looking for topicals, though, have you tried benzoyl peroxide?