Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With My Bacne 🙁 (Pics)

MemberMember
(@vidge)

Posted : 08/31/2012 11:42 pm

I've got a bunch of red marks and occasionally break out. I've been using the head and shoulders method and it's helped a little bit, but I still have a long ways to go before I clear up. Would something like AHA help in my situation? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

5lnlY.jpg

Thanks for the help!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/01/2012 12:05 am

i get acne like this but much more inflamed (probably 4-5x worse). Nothing works for me bro. Maybe try dieting (paleo diet) or you could always just take the accutane route.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 09/01/2012 1:08 am

Pretty similiar to my back as well. I really don't give a shit, when my face is the main concerns. You could try a body wash with salicylic acid andafrican black soap with a product from Nubian heritages, it's helped a bit, but I'm not religious about washing my back every morning or night

MemberMember
(@ramc)

Posted : 09/04/2012 1:38 pm

hey vidge....this pretty much my case as well....i got red marks and rarely few acne...but goes off...the red spots are really slow...

now am on ACV....try it...its slow (as expected) but i seem to see some change....

it is definately worth a try...cheap too... :)

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 10/02/2012 1:37 am

FIrst off...what do you eat? DIET BABY. IF YOUR DIET SUCKS, NO CREAM WILL HELP YOU. WORK WITH THAT FIRST THENNNNNN Use a mild scrub on your back then apply a tea tree and apple cider vin to a cotton pad and aply to your back and let dry then apply Alpha Hydroxy Acid on your back morning and night. MAGIC.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 10/06/2012 2:44 am

Vidge, I have the same stuff on my back and chest. I get it cleared up and then it recurrs a couple months later. Is it itchy? Mine is. Under care of dermatologist I have cleared it once with clindamycin (antibacterial) and once with ketoconazole shampoo (antifungal). In mid-Sept it flared again and I am now fighting it with a sulfur/sodium sulfacetimide cleanser that I use on my face also. My derm is puzzled by this and took a biopsy two days ago to figure out if the infection is bacterial, fungal, yeast, etc. We've been using trial and error approach....unsuccessfully I must add. Hopefully the biopsy will identify what type of infection it is so it can be put down for good. Won't know the results until Oct 16. What a pain in the ass.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/06/2012 2:11 pm

let us know what it is. I am surprised that your derm is "puzzled" though because the acne shown in the photo is quite mild...

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/06/2012 6:43 pm

Try a sulfur soap when you shower and Dan's AHA+ a couple of days a week.

And try to drink plenty of water. Gotta flush all the impurities out. If you can't have a greeeat diet just TRY to be healthier every day. Whether it be by ordering the small fry instead of a large at mickey d's or adding some green vegetables into your diet! :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/04/2012 11:38 pm

This may sound ridiculous but mine is pretty under control by using dove sensitive bar soap.... I used various acne-specific body washes, even took Accutane which has kept my face clear years later, but not my back. since switching to this dove soap, it's no longer much of an issue. hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 11/05/2012 2:49 am

This is update to my Oct 6 post. Dermatologist informed me of biopsy results and I have a skin condition called Grovers disease. It does not respond to anti-bacterial or anti-fungal treatments and that is why we could not seem to get it under control. Typical first line of treatment for Grovers is topical steroid. Derm doc prescribed triamcinolone cream. Itching was gone almost immediately and majority of the red bumps were cleared within a week or so. The exact cause of this Grovers is not known but it is thought to be tied to occluded sweat ducts and/or an auto-immune system disorder, with flare-ups triggered by excessive heat, or sweating, or dry skin. The literature indicates that fairly often it is mis-diagnosed as folliculitis. If you are under dermatologist care you might want to ask for analysis to see if this is what you have. I spun my wheels for a long time fighting this issue with typical acne/follicullitis methods when it wasn't that at all. Hope you can make progress with your problem.

MemberMember
(@tnerb)

Posted : 11/11/2012 11:20 am

Ive always heard that Dial soap works the best. My back is stil broken out, but no where near as bad compared to when i would use these bottled 'body washes'.