Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoartthou1

Need Some Help, Made A Bad Mistake

Guys i made a really stupid and mad mistake. I had these two medium sized pimples on my shoulders that were red and hurt a little bit. I thought i would try applying some polysporin to them and than applying a band-aid over them. I used a band-aid like this:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/band-aid-perfect-blend-clear-bandages-7-8-x-7-8-square-50-ea

Except my band-aid instead of being clear is brown colored.

I was hoping the polysporin + band-aid would reduce the inflammation but my god.... these two pimples are like 3 TIMES bigger and redder. I am so scared now. What should i do?

I forgot to add though that the pimples i applied the polysporin and bandaid to only got more inflamed/bigger after i took the band aid off. I kept the bandaid and polysporin on them for about 4-5 hours, and while i was showering, i peeled the band-aid off. It did not require too much force to peel the bandaid off, but it didn't come off very easily either. I hope i didn't irritate my pimples too much this way...i am so worried

Try some Epsom salt. You can't get it at any drug store. Don't buy the scented kind. Put two cups of the Epsom salt in a full bath tub. Soak for 20 mins. While you're in the epsom salt bath use a wash cloth or poof to wash your shoulders. Do not use soap while in the bath. Just let the Epsom salt do its thing. You can also make a paste of the Epsom salt and apply it to the acne. This will work trust me!