Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Well, my cheeks have all these red marks / scars all over them from acne. I took B5 and it cleared me up in 1 month, why didn't I start this earlier sad.png.

I only get 2 or 3 pimples a week. I'm almost done on my B5 regime (Sept 4th will be 3 months)... so hopefully it stays away.

I had acne one year ago and I went on prescription pills and it cleared it up. This all started about 6 months ago. These pictures don't do the justice.

I have a whole bunch of Retin-A samples left over from my Derm. I used them before going on B5 and it made my face look horrible. I am not using that, don't even mention it, the shit sucks. My Derm gets paid to give just medicine on my face, she doesn't know nothing, I asked her about B5; it probaly won't work, Accutane is your only option. I just had to let the steam out.... sorry lol

Morning

1. Equate Daily Face Wash http://www.walmart.c...6.5-oz/10533955

2. Equate Astringent Skin Cleanser http://www.walmart.c...-fl-oz/10402998

3. ProActive Repairing Treatment (have a few bottles left over.... need to find something else once this runs out)

4. Neutrogene Sun Block (only if I'm going outside that day)

Night

1. Neutrogene Oil Free Wash (It has AHA and it's an exfoliater) http://www.walmart.c...oz-2pk/12338398

2. Epiduo

I just started the Neutrogene face wash about a month ago, no difference really. The stuff has AHA in it.

Like, I said, these pictures just don't do the justice. My face been looking this for a long time, it's really getting to me, how do I get rid of them fast. Lasers?

I've been trying to drink 8+ cups of water a day too, nothing really changes, just peeing a lot lol...

No flash at night, you can see the scarring really bad in certain lighting... sad.png

jZtLw.jpg

No flash during day time, can't really see the scarring but holy cow look at them red marks sad.png

fV3iG.jpg

It also doesn't help with scarring when you had previous scars in the same spot where you got acne. This is a picture of my cheek after I used the prescription pills and everything cleared up. I am fine with this, but the way my face is now is horrible. Picture isn't too good, its the only one I could find.

JC7R0.png

Posted

Yeah, you've got some pitted scarring going on.

This isn't what you want to hear but Retin A is great for this kind of thing. But you're right, it doesn't "cure" acne. It is better used to CLEAN UP after acne is cured. So now that you've found that B-5 stops your acne, you can start taking Retin A to try to fill in the scars and fade the red marks.

Moisture is also really important for red marks. Without adequate moisture your skin will take forever to heal. All you need is once a day moisturization with a simple cream like CeraVe.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the quick response

Well, I guess it won't hurt to try it on a small area first and see what happens...

I use Proactive Repairing Lotion, I think that's a moisutrizer? Should I use CeraVe on top of that as well? Morning... and night?

If at night too, should I use it on top of the Epiduo?

What about lasers?? I think my insurance covers it sooo.....

These red marks make you feel bad about yourselve.

Edited by Brarei200

Posted

I just went to put some CeraVe PM moisutrizer on that I had from the Derm and it burned my face so bad that I had to wash it off.......

Posted

I just went to put some CeraVe PM moisutrizer on that I had from the Derm and it burned my face so bad that I had to wash it off.......

Overwashing or using BP or acids or retinoids too much can completely strip your skin's acid mantle. If the acid mantle is stripped, anything you put on your face will burn. You need to let your skin heal by washing less and not putting any BP or other active ingredients on it.

I had the same problem when I was trying to use a retinoid every day and when I was using BP every day. I stopped using BP completely. When I was still using the retinoid, I found that my skin was okay if I only used it once every 3 days. But I had to not use anything on my face for about a week to let it heal first.

Posted

Mine is a lot worse.

I currently use

Morning:

1. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

2. BP 10%

3. Cetaphil Mositurizer

4. Mederma with spf 30 (also works as my sunscreen)

Night:

2. Differin .1%

Is this regimen effective? I use the mederma twice a day, once in the morning and another application at noon. I don't know if it's smart to put it on at night along with the differin. I also take 100mg doxycycline twice a day.

what prescription pills did you use?

Posted

Thanks for the quick response

Well, I guess it won't hurt to try it on a small area first and see what happens...

I use Proactive Repairing Lotion, I think that's a moisutrizer? Should I use CeraVe on top of that as well? Morning... and night?

If at night too, should I use it on top of the Epiduo?

What about lasers?? I think my insurance covers it sooo.....

These red marks make you feel bad about yourselve.

I need to see my insurance covers it too! :X

Posted

Mine is a lot worse.

I currently use

Morning:

2. BP 10%

3. Cetaphil Mositurizer

4. Mederma with spf 30 (also works as my sunscreen)

Night:

2. Differin .1%

Is this regimen effective? I use the mederma twice a day, once in the morning and another application at noon. I don't know if it's smart to put it on at night along with the differin. I also take 100mg doxycycline twice a day.

what prescription pills did you use?

I was on Doxycycline I think... 2 pills a day

That took like a month to kick in, kept me clear for 6 months. Then I got breakouts and the pictures above is the result. The pills stopped working.

I read online and read about B5 vitamins. You take 10 pills a day for 3 months and it clears your acne. This has been working for the past three months and it kept me clear with maybe a few pimples a week but they go away with the BP.