Notifications
Clear all

Perioral Dermatitis Confusion

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 07/19/2012 1:00 pm

so i was recently diagnosed with perioral dermatitis last week. the reason i got this disease is because i was using bleaching creams to lighten my skin in order to please my boyfriend who told me that he would find me more attractive if i did it.i didn't want to but i wanted to make him happy and now i am paying for it. i've been using elidel cream and apple cider vingegar and taking minocycline to help get rid of it. the parts where i obviously had it such as under my eyes and around my mouth is gone but my forehead still seems to be experiencing some bumps and i got a cluster of bumps on my checks. the reason i'm making this thread is that i'm not quite sure if its perioral dermatitis still lingering around those other areas or its just my acne. perioral dermatitis looks pretty much identical to acne so im confused. i have also been using tazoarc gel on my skin because i fear having an outbreak of real pimples with my perioral dermatitis but i heard that those topicals make this disease worse so i really don't know what to do!what can i use on my skin to treat my acne as well as the perioral dermatitis and when will i know if its completely gone so i can go back to tazorac? please help me i want my boyfriend to be able to look at me again without looking disgusted at my terrible skin. today he even came home with a box of pizza and told me my face had more toppings then the pizza *Moderator edit*. i can't take this anymore please help me.

MemberMember
(@elvin83)

Posted : 07/19/2012 1:31 pm

Jesus Christ man, you bleached your skin because your boyfriend wanted you to? And he verbally abuses you, and you are still with him???

You are trolling right? You must be.

This is a serious forum young lady, for serious people with serious skin problems, that leads to serious depressions.

Anyway, your boyfriend sounds like a real keeper. You are one lucky gal.

I don't know what to say, this is way too out there for me.

I suggest you read your own post, and if you can't see what's wrong, than I don't think anyone here will be able to help you.

You deserve better than this, or at least I hope you do.

Elvin

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 07/19/2012 1:57 pm

that wasn't very helpful. but yes i am serious. my boyfriend has been cruel to me these past few weeks but there are plenty of times when he has been very sweet. we've been together for over five years it's hard to end something like that when i know i just have to fix some things about myself.

MemberMember
(@mwilso)

Posted : 07/19/2012 2:07 pm

I read your other post about being so distraught because your boyfriend wouldn't look at you either.

I don't know anything about your skin issues or perioral dermatitis, but I feel really sad on your behalf. This should be one of those "plenty of times" that he's being sweet to you.

Throwing glass vases and other objects at his head when you're fighting is something that you should work on for your relationship, not your acne.

Good luck with everything.

MemberMember
(@b552299g)

Posted : 07/19/2012 2:49 pm

If I were you I would kindly tell your boyfriend to go chug bleach and die. And as far as your skin goes, I would seek the help of a good dermatologist and listen to exactly what he says. This is too serious to mess with yourself. And finally, step back and take a deeep breath. These things are frustrating and scary, but there are doctors out there that can help you get your skin back in order. Try your best to be strong and positive

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/19/2012 3:18 pm

Your boyfriend is verbally abusive, simply put. Verbally abusive people are usually not abusive ALL the time--they know that if they were, you'd never stick around--so they'll be sweet sometimes, then their true selves will show through other times. Regardless, you should be with someone who is sweet to you ALL the time. You honestly think someone making fun of your skin condition is someone you want to be in a relationship with?

Trust me, I've been there. I was in a relationship with a guy who verbally abused me, then would 'take it back' and say he was 'just kidding' to make sure I didn't leave. He made fun of my skin too. Now, months later, I see what an idiot I was to stick around. I will never put up with that from anyone again. I know this wasn't the main point of your post but please reconsider being with him. He's making you hate yourself.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/19/2012 5:15 pm

Mindwitch, definitely don't try to self medicate. If your derm prescribed Tazorac you need to call them and ask what to do. As for your situation with the boyfriend, you should do things for you and not for someone else. You seem to have other things going on besides acne so i can suggest that maybe you go speak to someone - it is NOT ok for your man to be nasty to you and to force you (physically and/or mentally)to do things you're uncomfortable with.

Good Luck with everything.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 07/20/2012 3:04 am

i wasn't per scribed tazorac for perioral dermatitis i had tazorac left over for my acne. i understand what you are all saying but my boyfriend is only trying to help me improve myself. it is bad enough i have acne but this periorial dermatitis is unacceptable. i know he is a jerk and i shouldn't put up with some of the stuff he says to me but its not easy finding a man who will accept you when you have an unpredictable condition such as acne. where i am from looks are everything. most guys want a girl with a cute face and perfect skin and a hot bod.i just have to work on my skin issues and i just know i will be right for him.

MemberMember
(@b552299g)

Posted : 07/20/2012 1:07 pm

Most guys literally wont even notice a little acne, nor would they care. Your assumptions of men are false because you are basing them off a childish douchebag. I'm pretty sure if he's mocking you to the point where you don't want to live, I don't think he's a good guy. Your logic is outrageously flawed and your shallow view of men is almost offensive. There are tons of great guys out there that don't care that you have acne. This bothers me so much and I don't even know you. No one deserves to be treated like that. Trust me, I'm a total frat boy and I live with 50 frat assholes, and none of them would ever mock their girlfriend to the point where she wouldn't want to live with whatever condition they were mocking. In conclusion, your boyfriend sucks and you deserve so much better. Sorry for the rant, but this makes me so upset to see good women broken down by loser boyfriends.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/20/2012 3:14 pm

i wasn't per scribed tazorac for perioral dermatitis i had tazorac left over for my acne. i understand what you are all saying but my boyfriend is only trying to help me improve myself. it is bad enough i have acne but this periorial dermatitis is unacceptable. i know he is a jerk and i shouldn't put up with some of the stuff he says to me but its not easy finding a man who will accept you when you have an unpredictable condition such as acne. where i am from looks are everything. most guys want a girl with a cute face and perfect skin and a hot bod.i just have to work on my skin issues and i just know i will be right for him.

I definitely understand your viewpoint but disagree with your way of thinking. You are trying to live up to someone else's standards and as long as you do that, you will NEVER EVER be secure and happy with yourself. Your boyfriend is a jerk. PERIOD. He doesn't respect you and does not accept you. There are men that will accept you for you, acne or not. I sympathize that you feel that looks are important (i live in NY where fashionistas and divas live and thrive) but as long as everyone else's opinion of you is the number one priority in your life, you will find yourself not living a fulfilling life. Sorry to be so harsh but it's the truth.

I highly recommend you get some counseling to address your self esteem issues (i have them too and therapy has been one of the best things that i have done for myself) as you and your body, defects and all will be together for a loooooon time, after the boyfriend is gone.

If you ever want to chat, let off some steam or whatever, feel free to PM me. It helps to speak to others who can relate :-)

Chin Up

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 07/21/2012 8:16 am

I definitely understand your viewpoint but disagree with your way of thinking. You are trying to live up to someone else's standards and as long as you do that, you will NEVER EVER be secure and happy with yourself. Your boyfriend is a jerk. PERIOD. He doesn't respect you and does not accept you. There are men that will accept you for you, acne or not. I sympathize that you feel that looks are important (i live in NY where fashionistas and divas live and thrive) but as long as everyone else's opinion of you is the number one priority in your life, you will find yourself not living a fulfilling life. Sorry to be so harsh but it's the truth.

I highly recommend you get some counseling to address your self esteem issues (i have them too and therapy has been one of the best things that i have done for myself) as you and your body, defects and all will be together for a loooooon time, after the boyfriend is gone.

If you ever want to chat, let off some steam or whatever, feel free to PM me. It helps to speak to others who can relate whistling.gif)

Chin Up

it is nice to see someone who understands me a bit. you are right i definitely need to stop letting him have so much sway over my self esteem.

Most guys literally wont even notice a little acne, nor would they care. Your assumptions of men are false because you are basing them off a childish douchebag. I'm pretty sure if he's mocking you to the point where you don't want to live, I don't think he's a good guy. Your logic is outrageously flawed and your shallow view of men is almost offensive. There are tons of great guys out there that don't care that you have acne. This bothers me so much and I don't even know you. No one deserves to be treated like that. Trust me, I'm a total frat boy and I live with 50 frat assholes, and none of them would ever mock their girlfriend to the point where she wouldn't want to live with whatever condition they were mocking. In conclusion, your boyfriend sucks and you deserve so much better. Sorry for the rant, but this makes me so upset to see good women broken down by loser boyfriends.

well i am sorry that my thread and posts offend you but i can not help how i feel.anyway if anyone has any advice on actually treating my perioral dermatitis i'd be very appreciative.

MemberMember
(@b552299g)

Posted : 07/23/2012 5:14 pm

If you ever want to chat, let off some steam or whatever, feel free to PM me. It helps to speak to others who can relate whistling.gif)

Chin Up

it is nice to see someone who understands me a bit. you are right i definitely need to stop letting him have so much sway over my self esteem.

well i am sorry that my thread and posts offend you but i can not help how i feel.anyway if anyone has any advice on actually treating my perioral dermatitis i'd be very appreciative.

touche. I'm sorry.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/04/2012 2:38 pm

i just started using metro gel 1% and had a breakout is this normal

MemberMember
(@dwhaa)

Posted : 08/04/2012 8:40 pm

Hi Mindwitch, I just found this thread - I pm'd you back but need to ask more questions first. Did your Dr prescribe the metrogel for you and said that you had it on your face and forehead? Also, do you use a specific shampoo or have you changed that at all recently as well?

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 08/05/2012 3:30 pm

I had perioral dermatitis around my t zone,eyes,mouth,and forehead .I use orangic yogurt on my rash for 15 mins three times a day and wash it off and dap acv mixed with water 50/50 on my rash.It cure my rash complety in two days.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/05/2012 3:54 pm

I had perioral dermatitis around my t zone,eyes,mouth,and forehead .I use orangic yogurt on my rash for 15 mins three times a day and wash it off and dap acv mixed with water 50/50 on my rash.It cure my rash complety in two days.

so you've gotten rid of the perioral dermatitis completely doing this? seems like all that washing would excite the rash.

Hi Mindwitch, I just found this thread - I pm'd you back but need to ask more questions first. Did your Dr prescribe the metrogel for you and said that you had it on your face and forehead? Also, do you use a specific shampoo or have you changed that at all recently as well?

i currently use head and shoulders.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 08/06/2012 10:58 am

so you've gotten rid of the perioral dermatitis completely doing this? seems like all that washing would excite the rash.

yes I did 100% gone. and I use selsun blue shampoo for my hair to control dandruff because head and shoulders don't work for me. I use Stonyfield organic plain smooth and creamy yogurt.And Braggs acv mixed with water 50/50 to cure my perioral dermatitis.If you have flaking on your rash I would peel it off softly so the yogurt and acv can cure it.

I had cluster of small perioral dermatitis around my eyes and forehead and I would peel the hard skin off and put yogurt mask 15 mins and then acv on,The next day the rash was 80% gone and in two days it was complety gone.

DO this three times a day.morning,middle of day, and before you go to bed and your perioral dermatitis will be heal.

I promise you I had this perioral dermatitis for a week and when I find out about organic yogurt and acv the rash is gone.

http://www.stonyfield.com/products/stonyfield/low-fat/32oz-low-fat/plain you can find this in walmart,publix, and sweetbay .And put a good amount of yogurt on the rash to heal it.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/06/2012 11:03 am

yes I did 100% gone. and I use selsun blue shampoo for my hair to control dandruff. I use Stonyfield organic plain smooth and creamy yogurt.And Braggs acv mixed with water 50/50 to cure my perioral dermatitis.If you have flaking on your rash I would peel it off softly so the yogurt and acv can cure it.

my rash doesnt flake but it does have a lot of white heads that make me eager to pop. i heard that washing your face can make the rash worse so how did you go about washing your face three times a day with no reaction?

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 08/06/2012 11:29 am

yes I did 100% gone. and I use selsun blue shampoo for my hair to control dandruff. I use Stonyfield organic plain smooth and creamy yogurt.And Braggs acv mixed with water 50/50 to cure my perioral dermatitis.If you have flaking on your rash I would peel it off softly so the yogurt and acv can cure it.

my rash doesnt flake but it does have a lot of white heads that make me eager to pop. i heard that washing your face can make the rash worse so how did you go about washing your face three times a day with no reaction?

I wash it softly with water in circular motions..And the rash did turn a little red but the yogurt and acv clam it down in mins and cure my rash in two days.

Get the organic or greek plain yogurt and braggs acv and your rash will be gone fast.It worked for me when I first got perioral dermatitis from not washing my face for couple of days. And when you do the yogurt mask and acv the itch should stop.And don't pick or touch your rash because it will just spread and get worse.just live it alone after you put the acv. When your rash is healed use the yogurt and acv for a couple more days so it won't come back.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/06/2012 11:56 am

ok, will any store bought apple cider vinegar do? or does it have to organic and 100 percent?

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/07/2012 7:52 am

I wash it softly with water in circular motions..And the rash did turn a little red but the yogurt and acv clam it down in mins and cure my rash in two days.

Get the organic or greek plain yogurt and braggs acv and your rash will be gone fast.It worked for me when I first got perioral dermatitis from not washing my face for couple of days. And when you do the yogurt mask and acv the itch should stop.And don't pick or touch your rash because it will just spread and get worse.just live it alone after you put the acv. When your rash is healed use the yogurt and acv for a couple more days so it won't come back.

ok, will any store bought apple cider vinegar do? or does it have to organic and 100 percent? would it be ok to use a lower strengthed steroid cream [betaderm] on other parts of my body and not my face?

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 08/07/2012 1:20 pm

ok, will any store bought apple cider vinegar do? or does it have to organic and 100 percent?

I use the bragg apple cider vinegar,Idk if the others work,but you can try if you can't get the bragg vinegar. You can find it in a gnc shop

ok, will any store bought apple cider vinegar do? or does it have to organic and 100 percent? would it be ok to use a lower strengthed steroid cream [betaderm] on other parts of my body and not my face?

yes you can use the steroid cream on your body and not on your face,but if the cream is not working try to use the yogurt and acv.sweat and heat will make the rash worse

And don't pop the white heads because the rash will worsen and spread just leave it alone,and the yogurt and acv will make the whiteheads gone.

One more thing I also use green tea on my rash.I would mixed it with vinegar and splash my face couple of times with the green tea.make sure the green tea is cold and not hot or warm. goodluck

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/07/2012 4:55 pm

I use the bragg apple cider vinegar,Idk if the others work,but you can try if you can't get the bragg vinegar. You can find it in a gnc shop

yes you can use the steroid cream on your body and not on your face,but if the cream is not working try to use the yogurt and acv.sweat and heat will make the rash worse

And don't pop the white heads because the rash will worsen and spread just leave it alone,and the yogurt and acv will make the whiteheads gone.

One more thing I also use green tea on my rash.I would mixed it with vinegar and splash my face couple of times with the green tea.make sure the green tea is cold and not hot or warm. goodluck

thankyou so much. i will definitely try your tips. the green tea is it the green tea bags?

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 08/07/2012 8:11 pm

yes I use the green tea bags.I put the bag inside a cup of hot water and wait till its cold and then I use it.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 08/08/2012 10:25 pm

thnxs