Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courtneystorrie

My Accutane Journey: Ready To Feel Confident.

Guest *Spiro*

How are things going miss courtney?!?!

Hey love! As positive as things have been going the past week it's not day 9 and things have been kinda horrible. I think my IB is starting.. all the little bumps that were underneath the skin are now coming up. Nothing I can't handle because I've been dealing with acne for years not, but theres one large bump underneath the skin right where my glasses sit on my nose and it's extremely painful.

Also, I've been drying up ALOT, and I'm horrible with remembering to moisterize. sad.png My lips are starting to crack alot more and I got sunburnt on my back yesterday so I've been in a lot of pain. Not to mention that I slipped on something outside of the 7-11 here in town and my whole right calf/foot are horribly scrapped and cut.

So yeah, the last couple days HAVEN'T been easy but I'll pull through.

Unfortunately I'm thinking the pills have been effecting my mental health as well because I've suddenly become in the last two days extremely depressed. I don't feel like doing anything or talking to people. It's horrible because naturally (As I'm sure you've noticed so far) I've been an extremely positive and happy person. I'm going to call my doctor and make an appointment just to make sure everythings going okay. I just really hate feeling like this. It's not fun at all and I feel I have no control over my emotions..

It could also be because of the heat though, we've been up in the 30's all week, so only time can tell..

Hhaha, but anyways, other than that little rant, How are you my dear? How's everything going with your progress <3

Day 9 and the IB starting seems about right. I wish you could have skipped it. I didn't get to either, as a matter of fact my "IB" lasted 3 1/2 months. New zits everyday. At least you know that the medication is working and is purging the skin like it is supposed to do! Wouldn't it have been nice though if all those little bumps just dried up and went away? Mine all surfaced too. Bummer. I feel you will the nose pain right now man, my skin is so thin from the medication that my nose is raw where my glasses sit. It sucks! I hope that you bump goes down quickly!!

You will get better with the moisturizing as you go along. You have to otherwise you are going to be flaky and dry and get rashes. You don't want that, so you will train yourself to moisturize all the time. It will become habit. At least it has for me and I never but lotion on anywhere. Now I do it like 2 - 3 times a day.

I hope that the accutane isn't effecting your mental health!! I hope that things are okay and you are feeling better now and it was just a fluke. Let me know what your doctor says. I can't imagine not having control over your emotions, it would be terrible. Feel better honey!

Other than that I am okay! Thank you for asking! I got sunburnt today too at the water park. Boo for sun burn!

Hey love! As positive as things have been going the past week it's not day 9 and things have been kinda horrible. I think my IB is starting.. all the little bumps that were underneath the skin are now coming up. Nothing I can't handle because I've been dealing with acne for years not, but theres one large bump underneath the skin right where my glasses sit on my nose and it's extremely painful.

Also, I've been drying up ALOT, and I'm horrible with remembering to moisterize. sad.png My lips are starting to crack alot more and I got sunburnt on my back yesterday so I've been in a lot of pain. Not to mention that I slipped on something outside of the 7-11 here in town and my whole right calf/foot are horribly scrapped and cut.

Unfortunately I'm thinking the pills have been effecting my mental health as well because I've suddenly become in the last two days extremely depressed. I don't feel like doing anything or talking to people. It's horrible because naturally (As I'm sure you've noticed so far) I've been an extremely positive and happy person. I'm going to call my doctor and make an appointment just to make sure everythings going okay. I just really hate feeling like this. It's not fun at all and I feel I have no control over my emotions..

It could also be because of the heat though, we've been up in the 30's all week, so only time can tell..

Hhaha, but anyways, other than that little rant, How are you my dear? How's everything going with your progress <3

Day 9 and the IB starting seems about right. I wish you could have skipped it. I didn't get to either, as a matter of fact my "IB" lasted 3 1/2 months. New zits everyday. At least you know that the medication is working and is purging the skin like it is supposed to do! Wouldn't it have been nice though if all those little bumps just dried up and went away? Mine all surfaced too. Bummer. I feel you will the nose pain right now man, my skin is so thin from the medication that my nose is raw where my glasses sit. It sucks! I hope that you bump goes down quickly!!

You will get better with the moisturizing as you go along. You have to otherwise you are going to be flaky and dry and get rashes. You don't want that, so you will train yourself to moisturize all the time. It will become habit. At least it has for me and I never but lotion on anywhere. Now I do it like 2 - 3 times a day.

I hope that the accutane isn't effecting your mental health!! I hope that things are okay and you are feeling better now and it was just a fluke. Let me know what your doctor says. I can't imagine not having control over your emotions, it would be terrible. Feel better honey!

Other than that I am okay! Thank you for asking! I got sunburnt today too at the water park. Boo for sun burn!

Yeah, see the thing is, I totally don't know if it's an IB or not.. because it just seems like my normal acne.. The medicine is definitely working though because my skin has been drying up like crazyy. And yeah, the bump where my glasses sit is starting to break through the skin. Im trying my hardest not to touch it but I am horrible with that haha.

I mosterized today after my shower too, you should be proud ahhaha. I am! I am so horrible with that, seriously!

And yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now. It might have just been an off day but I'm still going to ask my doctor about it just to be safe. I'm glad to have control again but I'm still easily moody. Again, that might just be because of the weather.. I'm not the best in the heat.

Oh nooo about your burn. Lots of aloe my dear. It's been a life saver for me. My poor ears got burnt and i didnt know and peeled the skin off, horrible feeling haha. Hope you heal up quick love. xoxo

Aww, Courtney, I'm so sorry you're having a tough time right now! Try to stay calm and think about how early you are in this process and that things WILL improve!

Thanks hun! My mood is feeling alot better today. I just woke up and felt alright. Everything else such as side effects and whatnot I can handle, but not being able to control my emotions yesterday was really uncomfortable for me!

thanks though hun! How is your course going? I've been really slack with reading logs the last couple days xoxoxo

It's going well thus far, thanks. Check out my log when you get time :) The biggest thing has been an eczema rash that started really quickly after I began my course but now that I'm moisturizing more, it's much much better! I wanted to tell you that if you're having trouble keeping moisturized (because it's kind of a pain), you could try getting an oil to use right after you shower....it's really quick to use while you're still wet and much easier and quicker than lotion. I am using sweet almond oil and it's really nice and not greasy. I still use lotion too but I like the ease of the oil after I shower and it's quite luxurious too :)

What day are you on? I'm on 8 today.

~bodyandsoul

Aww, Courtney, I'm so sorry you're having a tough time right now! Try to stay calm and think about how early you are in this process and that things WILL improve!

Thanks hun! My mood is feeling alot better today. I just woke up and felt alright. Everything else such as side effects and whatnot I can handle, but not being able to control my emotions yesterday was really uncomfortable for me!

thanks though hun! How is your course going? I've been really slack with reading logs the last couple days xoxoxo

It's going well thus far, thanks. Check out my log when you get time smile.png The biggest thing has been an eczema rash that started really quickly after I began my course but now that I'm moisturizing more, it's much much better! I wanted to tell you that if you're having trouble keeping moisturized (because it's kind of a pain), you could try getting an oil to use right after you shower....it's really quick to use while you're still wet and much easier and quicker than lotion. I am using sweet almond oil and it's really nice and not greasy. I still use lotion too but I like the ease of the oil after I shower and it's quite luxurious too smile.png

What day are you on? I'm on 8 today.

~bodyandsoul

Ahh, thanks so much hun, i'm definitely going to have to pick some of that up. It sounds like something that I could keep a handle on!

And I'm on day 11 :)

Courtney:

Sounds like you are keeping a good attitude about this whole process. Watch your moods, as it is important to be on guard for worsening depression BUT, staying positive will help so much. Some things I did that really helped:

When I noticed new breakouts, I reminded myself that they were going to come out eventually, that Accutane was really just speeding up the process. I tried to "welcome" them, if that makes sense, because it is a step in the healing.

I have a horrible history of picking. I cannot STAND whiteheads. Give me anything else, I'll cover it up. But a whitehead, just has to go. I have worked really, really hard to stop this behavior because my red marks and scars are because of picking, not because of the acne. So when I go to pick at my skin, I talk to myself. My new mantra is: gentle, loving care to my skin = happy skin. I get out of the mirror. I walk away. I keep myself busy. You can retrain yourself but it is a constant effort for sure.

Patience, patience, patience. You will find it to be your best friend. Keep your eye on the prize and think about your goal: to feel confident. You will get there!! Hang in. smile.png

Edited by Summer5150
Guest *Spiro*

Yeah, see the thing is, I totally don't know if it's an IB or not.. because it just seems like my normal acne.. The medicine is definitely working though because my skin has been drying up like crazyy. And yeah, the bump where my glasses sit is starting to break through the skin. Im trying my hardest not to touch it but I am horrible with that haha.

I mosterized today after my shower too, you should be proud ahhaha. I am! I am so horrible with that, seriously!

And yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now. It might have just been an off day but I'm still going to ask my doctor about it just to be safe. I'm glad to have control again but I'm still easily moody. Again, that might just be because of the weather.. I'm not the best in the heat.

Oh nooo about your burn. Lots of aloe my dear. It's been a life saver for me. My poor ears got burnt and i didnt know and peeled the skin off, horrible feeling haha. Hope you heal up quick love. xoxo

My IB was a ton of whiteheads. Like a ton! I was getting like 5 a day and then they would tun into big zits. Before accutane I was getting like 3 zits a week and during my IB I was getting that many a day. But it was like my normal acne too, just at a higher rate.

The skin drying out is something you are going to be battling with your entire course. It sucks you just have to keep on moisturizing daily to combat it. Otherwise you turn into a big flakey mess. It is nasty, I just these exfoliating glove from Bath & Body Works while I am in the shower and they really help to remove all the dead skin that is flaking off. I recommend getting a pair of those!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now! Keep a eye on it and you will be fine! Smart to talk to your doctor about it though!

My ears got burnt when I was in FL this April and the whole top of my peeled off. It was gross!!

Hope everything is still going smoothly!!

Courtney:

Sounds like you are keeping a good attitude about this whole process. Watch your moods, as it is important to be on guard for worsening depression BUT, staying positive will help so much. Some things I did that really helped:

When I noticed new breakouts, I reminded myself that they were going to come out eventually, that Accutane was really just speeding up the process. I tried to "welcome" them, if that makes sense, because it is a step in the healing.

I have a horrible history of picking. I cannot STAND whiteheads. Give me anything else, I'll cover it up. But a whitehead, just has to go. I have worked really, really hard to stop this behavior because my red marks and scars are because of picking, not because of the acne. So when I go to pick at my skin, I talk to myself. My new mantra is: gentle, loving care to my skin = happy skin. I get out of the mirror. I walk away. I keep myself busy. You can retrain yourself but it is a constant effort for sure.

Patience, patience, patience. You will find it to be your best friend. Keep your eye on the prize and think about your goal: to feel confident. You will get there!! Hang in. smile.png

I just wanted to thank you for this post, When I read it I was having an absolutely horrible day with my confidence and just with the whole process. My IB has taken a full load of horrible and smacked it on my face and I was just getting so low (nearly had a panic attack) and everything you said truly made me feel so much better about everything. I guess it was just a hard day to look at the brightside.

I'll definitely have to try the mantra thing for the picking because still, I can't stop. It was a daily thing for me to pop the whiteheads and get the scabs off which is why I have scars in the first place, and I know I need to stop. Hopefully that will help.

Thank you again so much hun! xoxo

My IB was a ton of whiteheads. Like a ton! I was getting like 5 a day and then they would tun into big zits. Before accutane I was getting like 3 zits a week and during my IB I was getting that many a day. But it was like my normal acne too, just at a higher rate.

The skin drying out is something you are going to be battling with your entire course. It sucks you just have to keep on moisturizing daily to combat it. Otherwise you turn into a big flakey mess. It is nasty, I just these exfoliating glove from Bath & Body Works while I am in the shower and they really help to remove all the dead skin that is flaking off. I recommend getting a pair of those!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now! Keep a eye on it and you will be fine! Smart to talk to your doctor about it though!

My ears got burnt when I was in FL this April and the whole top of my peeled off. It was gross!!

Hope everything is still going smoothly!!

Hey love! yeahh, it's definitely an IB. That big bump that I had on the bridge of my nose has come through, but now I've got another large bump on the side of my chin. I never got big bumps like this before, it's really been wrecking my mood the last couple days.

I seem to be starting to dry up though now because my skin, other than the large bumps, seem to be calming down. I've been washing with water and moisterizing a lot more, but the dry lips are getting really bad and I don't have the money to get some aquaphor at the moment. I've been using chapstick and blistex but they haven't been working and they just make my lips looks gross haha.

My mood swings have been happening more often lately and I've been getting headaches the last two days. So all in all, it's been a pretty bad week.

I'm 2 weeks down today. 18 more to go.

<3

Courtney,

Hang in there! Perhaps you can find a little travel tube of aquaphor that's not very expensive. Your dermatologist may even have some samples. Sounds like you really need it.

You may want to try more water - I found that helped with the headaches. I have almost doubled my water intake and I still wake up some mornings feeling like I have a hangover!

I think you should really try to baby yourself, physically and mentally, during this treatment! Be really gentle and non-judging of yourself! It WILL get better.

~bodyandsoul

For your lips I have been using carmex, it's a couple of quid but its working for me. I would disagree that Vaseline is a good shout, my understanding is that Vaseline is a barrier method, it tops moisture escaping, but doesnt impart it since its paraffin based and doesnt get absorbed, since accutane works internally, you are losing moisture from the inside so stopping it escaping outside isnt really the problem. Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_jelly) seems to back me up on this, carmex on the other hand has lanolin in it, which is supposed to be good for giving moisture to skin, it's in aquious cream too.

Either way! Hold on in there! All of this should be temporary pain for a larger gain!

For your lips I have been using carmex, it's a couple of quid but its working for me. I would disagree that Vaseline is a good shout, my understanding is that Vaseline is a barrier method, it tops moisture escaping, but doesnt impart it since its paraffin based and doesnt get absorbed, since accutane works internally, you are losing moisture from the inside so stopping it escaping outside isnt really the problem. Wiki (http://en.wikipedia....Petroleum_jelly) seems to back me up on this, carmex on the other hand has lanolin in it, which is supposed to be good for giving moisture to skin, it's in aquious cream too.

Either way! Hold on in there! All of this should be temporary pain for a larger gain!

Great point about the Vaseline. I actually don't use any of the lip treatments with petroleum products. I'm using pure lanolin and I LOVE it...you're right, it's very moisturizing. I know that most people use Aquaphor and I was just hoping to give Courtney some inexpensive alternative ideas until she can afford what she wants :) Glad the carmex is working for you!

Pure lanolin is a brilliant idea! I didnt even realise you could get it. If it's working for you I might consider that myself if my lips get worse.

Yes, it's actually most commonly used for breastfeeding mothers with cracking nipples, so you can purchase it at a baby store. I purchased mine online.

http://www.amazon.com/Lanolin-Anhydrous-Pharmaceutical-Grade/dp/B000V70MWS/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1341321488&sr=1-2&keywords=lanolin

These are the perfect size I've found but you can find bigger tubes too: http://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Lanolin-Nipple-Cream-0-25/dp/B000PAPFGE/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1342902422&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=lansinoh+tubes

Hey guyyyys! Sorry for not replying lately I've been out almost every day and just been crazy busy!!. I'm on day 15 and things are muuuuuch better. My grandma picked me up some burts bee's chapstick and it's been working amazingly. Lips definitely feel alot better. I noticed that most of my pimples are going down and are mostly just red marks other than a few that have scabbed over (still working on the picking lol) haven't seen any new white heads really. I still have one bump on the side of my face but it hasn't popped through the skin at all and it seems to be getting smaller so that's good.

My emotions have been fine, I'm thinking it really was just the heat that was getting to me not the medication, so that's good.

I have my first check up and blood tests on friday so I'll definitely let you guys know what the DR says then :) <3 thanks for all the advice!!!

hey guys! missed my appointment today so tests and stuff will be done next week instead. everythings been good, my skins been clearing up like crazy. im extremely happy with how everthings been going. im on day 25 and i just cant believe how fast its been going xoxo talk to you all later

hey guys just a quick update! things are going good havent really had any side effects except for dry lips but a little burts and were good. i only have a couple actives on my face back and jawline. there is this one on my jaw that.is.just relentlentless but oh well! hope everyones enjoying their summer,!!7