Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wrongtiming

Help Me - Please! (Pictures)

hey guys! i know i don't have it as bad as some others on this site...i get the occasional pimple, but when i do, i completely stress out.

anyway, i woke up with this pimple near my eyebrow. i tried putting Tend Skin on it (basically rubbing alcohol) and then washing it with clearasil.

I think i just made it worse though..

and the worst part is, i have a vacation with my boyfriend whom i haven't seen in months in TWO WEEKS.

it's really really noticeable. but will it be gone in 2 weeks? I don't mind if there's a little dot or scar. I just don't want it to look like a huge oozing mosquito bite or something :/

/>http://i46.tinypic.com/34rf4vl.jpg

Thanks!

It will probably clear in two weeks. Things you can do to speed it up:

-Ice it for 30 minutes

-Apply salicylic acid 2% and leave it on

-Apply sulfur

-Apply benzoyl peroxide

-Apply tea tree oil

Looks like a scab. Put some witch hazel on it and be done. Let it heal.

Edited by Murph89

ughhh bad news :( i was raising my eyebrows and all of a sudden i felt my scab break in half.

/>http://i49.tinypic.com/15owf1w.jpg

i put neosporin on it immediately. i really need this to go away:((((

Trust me I've had spots way worse than that when I used to pick a lot. And when I use this method, it heals without the slightest trace (in time) BUT in two weeks, it will be nothing but a little lighter than your skin tone, and flat, and yeah haha.

What you wanna do is put a dab of Neosporin on it, with a band-aid.

If you're using cream Neosporin, put Aquaphor over it.

Just keep it moist with an ointment, and keep using neosporin. Do that constantly for two weeks and you'll be fine.

P.S. ointment neosporin or aquaphor WILL NOT break you out, even if it feels oiley and slimey, trust me, it wont.

okay thank you. should i continue doing this even after the scab is fallen off?

Trust me I've had spots way worse than that when I used to pick a lot. And when I use this method, it heals without the slightest trace (in time) BUT in two weeks, it will be nothing but a little lighter than your skin tone, and flat, and yeah haha.

What you wanna do is put a dab of Neosporin on it, with a band-aid.

If you're using cream Neosporin, put Aquaphor over it.

Just keep it moist with an ointment, and keep using neosporin. Do that constantly for two weeks and you'll be fine.

P.S. ointment neosporin or aquaphor WILL NOT break you out, even if it feels oiley and slimey, trust me, it wont.

okay thank you. should i continue doing this even after the scab is fallen off?

yes, of course! that's when I especially like to use this method because it helps heal the new skin and makes it blend in with your skin tone much faster.

yes, of course! that's when I especially like to use this method because it helps heal the new skin and makes it blend in with your skin tone much faster.

haha just making sure. how long did it take usually for your scabs to fall off?

if you using this method of keeping it moist with oinment and neosporin (or other antibiotic cream stuff like it) it should take probably 3 or 4 days (5 max) for the scabs to ease off.

whatever you do... please don't force the scabs off. it may look ugly and brown, but what's underneath isn't pretty either, and the ugly and brown-ness only means that underneath, you will have new, healed skin if you give it the chance to do it's job as the body's natural band-aid and peel off on its own!

Thank you so much for your advice - i've actually been kinda depressed about this, not gonna lie, haha. but reading that post made me feel a lot better. i'm just really stressed out because my trip is in 2 weeks and im going to be seeing a certain person that i NEED to impress.

i put neosporin and a bandaid over it last night, and this morning i took the band aid off and rinsed my face with warm water. the scab was dried out as this point and just flaked off of my skin.

it looks like this: http://i49.tinypic.com/axegr5.jpg

i'm happy that its new skin now, but it still hurts and i feel a slight swelling.