Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mamascarface

Laser Skin surgery

I was wondering about laser skin resurfacing.

My skin has all types of scars from lymphathic acne. I am curious if it is safe to have the surgery w/these types of scars? I am just wondering about what types of skin can be improved. Does one have to get treatment for the ice pick scars first?

I hope that I am not being a pain asking these questions-I AM resurching everytime I get a chance and have learned some but value any help you could all lend here. Thanks,mamascarface

Reconsider yoru options. I went though with the laser resurfacing procedure and am not satisfied in any way with my results. The scars did not clear up at all, now they're just red.

I never even heard of lymphathic acne. I think you made it up just to mess with my mind! When doing resurfacing, it's generally a good idea to fix ice pick scars first, and resurface last. Just as you would spackle a wall before you paint it. People on this board do not speak highly of laser skin resurfacing, by the way.

Sorry,old guy, eusa_hand.gif

I wish I was making up lymhpatic acne!!!

Perhaps this is not the place for me-this is my last post.

Thanks for the support-Oh,I don't "mess with peolples heads"

I had co2 laser surgery several years ago. I was happy with it for a couple of years but then my results seemed to diminish. I think for me, this was due in part to aging.