Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rodallega

From Jock To Loser

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get this off my chest if u dont mind.

Ok so,growing up i had a very good youth.I was captain of the football team,intelligent and was very popular with the good looking girls in high school.

I think i went through over 32 girls between 11-14 years old and a lot of them were really beautiful.Even turned down many beatiful girls as i was so spoilt.

Now,i am thankful for having those memories.I know a lot of people dont get to tongue kiss their big high school crush behind the PE hall aged 12.

Anyway,i started to get acne aroung 15-the most severe form my doctor has ever seen.

Accutane got rid of it by 17 but i have been left with very unsightly scarring and developed rosacea.

My scarring is red all over both cheeks and nose.Dont look in the mirror anymore as im much happier when i dont.

Since this,i have become a total recluse.I have not been with 1 girl since this happened.

I no longer shower,shave,cut my hair(although im losing a lot of it due to accutane anyway) and all my clothes are so tattered.

Just wondering if there will be a scar treatment in the future that can significantly improve our scarring?

Im training to be a veterinarian so hopefully wont have too many problems paying for treatment.

Thanks so much guys for listening

Hi guys,

Ok so,growing up i had a very good youth.I was captain of the football team,intelligent and was very popular with the good looking girls in high school.

I think i went through over 32 girls between 11-14 years old and a lot of them were really beautiful.Even turned down many beatiful girls as i was so spoilt.

Now,i am thankful for having those memories.I know a lot of people dont get to tongue kiss their big high school crush behind the PE hall aged 12.

Anyway,i started to get acne aroung 15-the most severe form my doctor has ever seen.

Accutane got rid of it by 17 but i have been left with very unsightly scarring and developed rosacea.

My scarring is red all over both cheeks and nose.Dont look in the mirror anymore as im much happier when i dont.

Since this,i have become a total recluse.I have not been with 1 girl since this happened.

I no longer shower,shave,cut my hair(although im losing a lot of it due to accutane anyway) and all my clothes are so tattered.

Just wondering if there will be a scar treatment in the future that can significantly improve our scarring?

Im training to be a veterinarian so hopefully wont have too many problems paying for treatment.

Do you have a picture of yourself ?

I'm sure your scarring isn't that bad and you'r still handsome.

I try not to look in the mirror too but I fail every time and examine my face so closely each time I get so depressed.

Edited by tonyocr

I would not call someone suffering with scarring because of a skin condition a loser.

It makes us feel like a loser,

My story is very similar, being Captain and two way starter for a big varsity football team, And then out of no where I lost all of my confidence thanks to this wonderful thing called acne.

Post a picture of your self so we can give you best advice on how to get rid of your scarring.

Also since acne has come and gone I see life from a completely different point of view, I feel much more sympathy for people who suffer from conditions like obesity, I can RELATE in a way why they dont like to talk to other people and why they want to stay home all day.

That is the only possitive thing about acne and even that, other than that acne is BULL SHT!

Hi guys,

see if you can enroll in this clinical trial

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01476826?term=recell&rank=2

and drink wheat grass juice daily from amazing grass

Hi guys,

I am not even sure where to begin with this post. For starters, being a "loser" has nothing to do with your skin, but maybe more about your attitude. You think scars are a turn off to woman? How about not showering, not shaving, not cutting your hair and walking around with tattered clothing?

Anyways, I feel your pain but scars aren't permanent. How about you finish your schooling to become a vet technician, save money and have some Fractional laser treatments done. You have 3 options.

1. Feel sorry for yourself.

2. Learn to live with your scars.

3. Treat your scars aggressively.

Good luck bud!

A human model for assessing comedogenic substances.

Mills OH Jr, Kligman AM.

Abstract

Substances that are moderately to strongly comedogenic in the rabbit ear model test have been found to be capable of inducing comedones in the human model described in this report. The test substances are applied under occlusion for one month to the upper part of the backs of young adult, black men who have large follicles. The degree of follicular hyperkeratosis is assessed by a noninvasive "follicular biopsy" techniques, employing a fast-setting cyanoacrylate glue to remove the follicular contents. The rabbit model is more sensitive than the human. Substances that are weakly comedogenic in the rabbit are probably safe for human use with the possible exception of acne-prone persons.

PMID: 7138047 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] All of the links you posted were from people trying to sell something.

Posted · Hidden by Wynne, June 27, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Wynne, June 27, 2012 - No reason given

KARMA'S A BITCH, ISNT IT!

Karma? Ey, look at you presuming that op was a douchebag, douchebag.

Hi guys,

You are exhibiting some classic symptoms of depression and should see a doctor soon. You may have a chemical imbalance that is driving you deeper and deeper into depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001941/

Her acne scars are barely noticeable now and used to be a little worse. She has spent $10,000s on her face, and that includes acne scar treatment.

Yes that's true. It was a bad example.

What i'm trying to say is, if someone has a handsome face or just a nice face, acne scars don't destroy that.

I can totally relate, I was quite popular in high school and had a lot of girls interested in me. Thing is, I'm only average looking, maybe slightly above average, but it was mainly the confidence that they were interested in. I went through exactly what you are going through, my girlfriend of 5 years dumped me and told me to do something about my face. Nobody cares to help you, they just see you and lose respect for you when they see your current state. It took me almost a full year of depression, with about 4 months of hardcore depression to get to where I am now, a recovering sufferer. I didn't look in the mirror, etc. etc. But now, I have some of my confidence back, and girls notice me. Some of them are interested in me, some of them not so much. Even some very attractive ones have shown interest. It's all because of my attitude. I can look at myself in the mirror and think it's not so bad. You learn to look at yourself differently. Here are the steps I went through to get to my current state.

- extreme depression, giving up on everything, crying, hating myself.

- apathy. Started not caring about people. You don't like me? Good. I don't like you either. This gave me enough confidence to walk past any girl without giving a fuck what she thinks about me.

- Started realizing that yes, I have an issue, and I need to take care of it.

- Started treating my active acne with accutane, it got rid of the acne but I'm still left with a lot of scars, probably some of the most on this board.

- From this point on I am still slightly depressed, but I am working on other parts of myself that I neglected such as my personality, and confidence.

- Girls now show an initial interest and all I need to do is be myself.

By the way there are many treatment options out there that can improve but not remove acne scarring. Hypothetically within the next 5-15 years we may see some completely scar-free treatments. There are studies being done funded by the U.S. army and Jon Hopkin's Burn Centre that may result in us being able to return to our original selves eventually.

So for now, do everything you possibly can to treat your scars. They CAN be mostly removed, but it requires a ridiculous amount of effort. I'm talking researching diets, best doctors, multiple treatments, after-care and YEARS to get real feasible results. Even then there's no guarantees, but you can see improvement. So know that you are now at your worst, and it can only get better from here.

I'm not sure how much this helped as I'm still recovering and am quite depressed and self-conscious, but I am no longer crying and throwing things around my room. I have many more good days now than I used to. There's even some days, where I dress well, my hair looks good, that I actually think "damn, I actually look like a human being today".

Edited by trendycat

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Wynne, June 27, 2012 - No reason given

Hey douchebag fucktard, I didnt say anything about Karma! My acount was hacked!

Edited by pugrocker

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Wynne, June 27, 2012 - No reason given

Oh, of course. Make a post, realise you look like a happyflowers, then try to get out of it by crying 'i was hacked!'

I, for one, am not buying it.

Edit: lol wordfilter 'happyflowers'

Edited by Nope.avi

Posted · Hidden by Wynne, June 27, 2012 - No reason given

Oh, of course. Make a post, realise you look like a happyflowers, then try to get out of it by crying 'i was hacked!'

I, for one, am not buying it.

Edit: lol wordfilter 'happyflowers'

Good, dont!

Her acne scars are barely noticeable now and used to be a little worse. She has spent $10,000s on her face, and that includes acne scar treatment.

100000 on her face and she STILL has some scars that could be excised? Wtf.

yeah that doesnt sound too good for the rest of us that dont have $10,000 to spend.

yeah that doesnt sound too good for the rest of us that dont have $10,000 to spend.

She's spent a lot of money on her face, but I don't know how much of that was for acne scar treatment. She has had her lips, eyes, etc. enhanced. Her acne scars are actually nicely improved today. The picture posted above is a few years old.

sorry mate but if you're a loser now then you were already an inner loser years before acne happend to you.

just sayin..

I think i went through over 32 girls between 11-14 years old

c'mon..

Edited by Emhfali