Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lifeizdelicious

Puffiness When Restarting The Regimen?

So I struggled with acne from age 12 and nothing really worked for me...until age 18 when I got on the regimen and I was on it until I was 22. It was the only thing that ever worked, and my skin was beautifully clear! Well, stupid me got tired of stained clothes and thought that perhaps I'd grown out of acne, so I weaned myself off BP and the regimen as a whole. Now 6 months later, I have all my acne back. Therefore, I've decided to get on the regimen again. Now I just started last night but I was up half the night incredibly itchy. My skin is still itchy and red, which I understand to be normal, but my eyes are also puffy and my face is a tad swollen. I only used a half pump, and after having been on BP for years I'm surprised at this reaction! I've been trying more natural remedies these past 6 months so I know I need to get used to BP again, but I'm still confused. I've read some other forums...some people say puffy eyes are normal and will go away, but others say it is not normal and is an allergic reaction. But since I was on the regimen for four years and I used BP in one form or another for another four or five years before that, why am I having this reaction? And what should I do? I want to proceed and plow through, but I'm not sure if I should.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response! Glad to know I'm not alone. I'm planning on doing just a half pump once every other day for this first week, and I hope my skin will get used to the BP and react well.

So after your initial response of puffiness, eventually it got better and now you're doing fine on the regimen? Or did you give it up?

Some people have (when applying the BP) went over there eyes. Or even while putting on lotion rubbed it on the rest of there face THEN there eyes which would cause transfer.

I also had this happen to me - several times in fact. I would wake up with swollen eyes which would last a couple days and then become extremely dry and itchy. I have been on the regimen for about 2 months now and have not had any problems with swelling since the first few weeks. My guess is that despite being very careful not to rub the BP or lotion in the eye area it works it's way up there when you're sleeping or just during the day if you accidentally rub your eyes. I would reccomend not putting anything on the eye area to help heal it that is too heavy and does not allow contact with the air (ie vaseline) - I found this to make it worse. I Cetaphil's moisturiser on my eyes and find that this really helps to sooth them. Good luck and try to stick with it despite the unwanted side effects.

Edited by Fed Up Of This

it's my 3rd day today using the regimen and my eyes are puffy i get scared i skip the BP this morning i want my puffy eyes gone away first b4 i use the bp on my regimen, is that ok please help, thanks so much..

Yeah thats fine, i mean, you will probably breakout until you are able to handle using the full 2 pumps of BP twice per day, but it sounds like you are starting slow...which is a good thing. You can try applying moisturizer or jojoba oil around your eyes before you put BP on...that extra protection usually helps with puffyness

thanks so much i'll do that tomorrow i skip again bp tonight because i don't want my eyes get more swollen tomorrow because it's my bday and i don't want to look like tomato..

my eyelids are swollen this morning when i woke up i just put jojoba oil on them before i sleep last night, am i allergic on this regimen, i don't know what to do.. i order the big sizes on the kit now i don't want to waste my money.