Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am back to give a followup now that I am in my 12th week of accutane, 40mg a day. For those who haven't read my other posts, I am 29, white male, weigh about 135 or so. After about 2 months, I was very clear, basically no active acne at all, then I noticed my side effects starting to fade some, so I increased to 50mg.

After only 5 days, I started to get some taneburn, and some smallish breakouts, that seemed a little different than usual, sort of like a blister mixed with a standard oily breakout. They have been pretty light though. Well, after dropping back down to 40mg again for about 2 weeks, I was still having some of the same issues... so I dropped to 30mg for a little over a week, and still the problem keeps on. 30 almost seems to be worse than 40 was. Well, I am now on 20mg a day and so far so good, the problem seems to be slowly subsiding.

None of this has been bad in any way, I am still quite clear, and accutane is definitely working out very well. It is just a little disheartening to have been like 95% clear, and now maybe 90%. I am hoping that it is just an issue of using too much, so staying with 20mg is the way to go for now.

If anyone has anything to add to this please do. I will keep everyone posted here on how it goes, but would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Other than that, good luck everyone with accutane. This has been a big deal for me. I am clearer than I have been in many years.