Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HarHoos

BEST treatment for red mark scars???

What are the chances of the vinegar method working? Would Puredeming intense gel work? How about proactiv skin lightening lotion?

From the FAQ:

Q: How can I get rid of my red marks / hyperpigmentation / brown marks / dark marks?

A: There are several different approaches to help this process. You may have to experiment to find which works best for you. The effectiveness of these treatments varies and they may have to be used in conjunction with other treatments for best results:

Prescription approach:

* Generally recommended: A Retinoid (i.e. Retin-A) & Hydroquinone*

Non-prescription approaches:

· The tape method of exfoliation

· The vinegar method of exfoliation

. Apply an Alpha Hydroxy Acid peel (i.e. Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, TCA, etc.)

· Apply a Beta-Hydroxy Acid solution

· Vita-K for Blotchy Skin

. Mandelic Acid Serum

Okay, here's the deal. Vinegar worked for quite a while with me, but then you just want to keep using it and it eventually made my skin break out worse. This could just be how my skin reacted to it though so don't worry about it, it works for the majority of the people who try it! The thing that helps me TONS is this lotion that Neutrogena makes. It's called Visebly Even and it's in a blue and white tube. It's the best thing I've ever used next to Accutane!! It has retinol in it which helps your skin to exfoliate the discolored spots and it really helps to even out your skin tone. AND, it has spf 15 in it, so that is great too. I would really reccomend buying this product. It is awesome!!!

P.S. When I put it one, I only put it on my redmarks and I put a dab on so that all you see is lotion, you can't see any skin showing through and I do it at night so it can really soak in well!! Good luck to you with whatever method you decide to choose!

how long before you saw results from using that visibly even stuff?

i saw that at the store but didnt want to buy it before finding out if it was any good