Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i popped a pimple and yesterday my WHOLE forehead became pink and swollen. so i slept with honey over it and the swelling is pretty much gone, even though there's a really dry bump on what used to be the pimple, kind of like a scab

http://i45.tinypic.com/13yexsh.jpg

what should i do? i cancelled a date that i had today because of this. and i have a vacation in a month. if this doesn't heal within a few weeks im afraid i'm going to cancel that too :/ i will be patient and do whatever it takes to heal it in a few weeks. does it look like it 'll heal without a scar? the skin is still in tact, i didn't break it

Edited by faiintx

patience is definitely the key, it needs time to heal up and for the inflammation to go down

don't touch or do anything to it that may irritate it; i think it will heal up with no scar because i've had a similar encounter and it just needs time to heal

it would be gone by the time you're on vacation or even before rolleyes.gif

thanks. i'm planning on just leaving it alone during the day time, and at night i'll put honey over it while i sleep. if a scab forms i'll wait like 2 weeks and then it should come off on its own

actually, i mentioned it felt dry like it's starting to scab, but now that i look at it, it seems like a translucent ball of dried pus...

What is this??

/>http://i47.tinypic.com/243p1s0.jpg

Been there, done that...and I had it for a month!!! It was awful.

Please, please, please don't touch it. Don't let it rule your life, either. Trust me, people have seen worse than that. I kept popping mine, and I still have the scar two weeks later. If you REALLY need to do something, though, I would put a pimple treatment on it overnight with a band-aid so it absorbs. Clean & Clear Mark Treatment helped a bit, but I heard Neosporin + a band-aid works wonders for people. Personally, I thought the best one was dabbing oatmeal on it then putting a band-aid over it.

If I were you, though, I would cover it up with a non-comedogenic concealer and wait for it to go away on its own.

Been there, done that...and I had it for a month!!! It was awful.

Please, please, please don't touch it. Don't let it rule your life, either. Trust me, people have seen worse than that. I kept popping mine, and I still have the scar two weeks later. If you REALLY need to do something, though, I would put a pimple treatment on it overnight with a band-aid so it absorbs. Clean & Clear Mark Treatment helped a bit, but I heard Neosporin + a band-aid works wonders for people. Personally, I thought the best one was dabbing oatmeal on it then putting a band-aid over it.

If I were you, though, I would cover it up with a non-comedogenic concealer and wait for it to go away on its own.

did you have it for a month because you kept picking at it? i feel like if i leave it alone it shouldn't take more than a week :/ but idk

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

you call that disaster? rofl

thats only 1 pimple, wich will be gone in a week max if you dont touch it.

Yep, I just kept picking and picking, thinking I was helping it. Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. People have seen much worse!

Don't touch it or maybe put on some oatmeal overnight. It should go away quickly.

thanks everyone for the replies!

the swelling/inflammation is gone completely. and now there's a full blown scab.

it feels like a rock. i haven't touched it, but i can see that the skin around the scab is sort of pink/red (if i peeled it off, i'm sure the entire area would be this color).

/>http://i49.tinypic.com/34ywf4i.jpg

this morning , i woke up and the scab was so dry and it fell off. now it's just a blotch of pink skin. should i be worried? or will this fade back to normal in a few days

/>http://i45.tinypic.com/2e1zpmg.jpg
/>http://i49.tinypic.com/izxp34.jpg

i really dont think it looks that bad, honestly. You could always try to cover it up with a little makeup also. But remember, you cant let pimples get in the way of living your life. I began to let that happen to me, and everything just spiraled out of control from there.

Yea its not bad AT ALL. I wish my face looked like that! Just let it heal on its own and i agree with the above posts, just put a lil concealer on it and call it a day.....my husband also thinks he has bad skin with ONE pimple on his face. Cancelling all your plans for that is not practical. Please keep in mind to respect the many people on this site with actual acne problems ok :) Enjoy your vaca!