Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girlie

And The Scar Saga Continues...(Liquid_Ocelot And Anyone Else Pls Dermastamp)

Hi there Everyone:

Liquid_Ocelot I really like your advice, and you really seem to know your stuff, when it comes to skin!!

Could you pls advise where I could purchase a high quality dermastamp??? I am looking for a dermastamp about 0.5 - 1mm (but no longer needles) for acne scarring

Because I have been on Accutane aalmost 19 years ago, it's still not recovered its completel health, but is almost there

BUT I am very afraid of getting those trackmarks that I have read about. Why do u think these happen to

some ppl and not to the majority?

My skin IS very sensitive, but i REALLY REALLY want to do somethign about my acne scars.

MIne are mostly bad on my forehead, and very mild on my cheeks

Do you think that the forehead heals the worst, out of the other areas of the skin???

I am worried that cos the skin on forehead is so thin, is that maybe why it heals up less well????

Thank you Liquid, and Anyone else!

Hi there Everyone:

Liquid_Ocelot I really like your advice, and you really seem to know your stuff, when it comes to skin!!

Could you pls advise where I could purchase a high quality dermastamp??? I am looking for a dermastamp about 0.5 - 1mm (but no longer needles) for acne scarring

Because I have been on Accutane aalmost 19 years ago, it's still not recovered its completel health, but is almost there

BUT I am very afraid of getting those trackmarks that I have read about. Why do u think these happen to

some ppl and not to the majority?

My skin IS very sensitive, but i REALLY REALLY want to do somethign about my acne scars.

MIne are mostly bad on my forehead, and very mild on my cheeks

Do you think that the forehead heals the worst, out of the other areas of the skin???

I am worried that cos the skin on forehead is so thin, is that maybe why it heals up less well????

Thank you Liquid, and Anyone else!

I was like you when I first started needling, looking for the highest quality dermaroller/dermastamp possible, but honestly the jglobalsales stamps are perfectly fine. Never had a problem with them. However don't reuse them. I never understood why people would go to the trouble of disinfecting them for reuse. You risk both infection and bent needles. They cost like $10 for crying out loud, why risk your skin over that. You can also get them half price if you put /wholesale after the url which makes it even cheaper.

Never used Accutane so can't advise you on that.

Track marks are exclusive to dermarollers I think? Never heard of that problem with stamps. I'm no expert on this issue but i'm guessing they occur due to using needles that are too long for that part of the face which induces hyperpigmentation.

The forehead doesn't heal worse, the skin just happens to be thinner there. You have to use your common sense, touch your face and see where the skin is thick and where it is thin. The fleshy part of your cheek can take a 1.5mm easily for example, the temple and cheek bone I would use a 1mm max, the forehead (for me anyway) is where the skin is thinnest. I've found 0.5mm is enough for me. Maybe your skin is thicker there so start with a 0.5mm and if you feel like it jump to 1.0mm (there are also good quality 0.8mm stamps on ebay).

Thanks so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions so kindly.

And I never considered throwing the dermastamp away each time. that does sound safest!! Esp seeing as it can cost as cheap as ten bucks!!! and I only intend

to dermastamp at least once every 5 weeks anyway.

BestWishes,

Girlie