Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LivingWithFaith

Going To Go Ahead With The Expensive Route...fed Up

Okay, so like some or many of you guys, I've spent YEARS trying to find the "magical cure" to horribly scarred skin through all natural treatments, almost-all natural treatments, cheap chemicals, expensive chemicals, benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, exfoliating, microdermabrasing, YOU NAME IT. I've done it. I'm just going to accept the fact that I have the type of skin that breaks out with severe cystic acne and does NOT forgive me for it (I seem to scar even if I don't touch the bump at all!). It's not hyperpigmented scarring, it's pitted scarring. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to do something dramatic like punch excision to remove the scars. It's going to cost a LOT but appearance seems like a big investment that's worth taking since it's my appearance and I don't like the look of craters in my skin. I'm already in college and that makes a huge dent in my wallet but I'm just going to get a part time job and make the money to afford such a procedure.

Now, does anyone have any experience in punch excision? Did it make your scars look better? Tolerable at least? I know I'm probably never going to have perfect skin again, that ship has sailed and I'm fine with it, but I just want to be able to live with myself without cringing in the mirror. How many scars has anyone gotten excised at a time and about how much did it cost? Any opinions/recommendations/stories are welcome!

-Jessica

Ive never had any procedures done, im 20 and my skin totaly sucks. I feel how you feel and i will probably go down the same route one day. good luck atleast.

>cheap chemicals, expensive chemicals, benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, exfoliating, microdermabrasing,

So basically you've tried everything that... doesn't work at all for pitted scarring. Nice.

Why jump in at the deep end?

I never said I was an expert. I was pretty ignorant back then....but back then I just called it optimistic smile.png I still am optimistic, I just know there's a way to help my face look better. Unfortunately I have to go the invasive route, which is going to cost a lot of money and a little pain :/ If that's what it takes though, so be it. I want to live my life, dang it.

Ive never had any procedures done, im 20 and my skin totaly sucks. I feel how you feel and i will probably go down the same route one day. good luck atleast.

Thanks, good luck to you too! If we have to fork over at least 2,000 dollars to spend the rest of our lifetime with better skin, I guess that's what we gotta do.

Edited by LivingWithFaith