Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myeh11324

I Experienced Absolutely No Stinging/burning/flaking While Using Dan's Bp?

Would you say this is a good or bad thing?

I used proactiv for five, going on six years and only recently switched over to Dan's treatment system.. my package literally arrived yesterday, so I've used it twice - last night and this morning. A lot of people complained of a burning sensation when first applying the BP, and flaking/dryness later on. I've experienced none of that though.. and I used the full amount.

Does this mean that it's not working? Could it have something to do with the fact that I used proactiv for so long, and now BP no longer has an effect on my skin?

It's far too early to determine that Dan's BP isn't working. I had little to no irritation and minimal flaking when I started using Dan's products/regimen, and it's been working wonderfully for over 5 years now.

I used ProActiv for 7 years prior to starting DKR, and Dan's BP has been super effective for me. Just because it doesn't sting and burn doesn't mean that it's not working.

This is a little encouraging. I am on the fence about ordering The Regimen for once a day use at night. I currently use Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment (2.5% BP) and do use pretty liberal amounts of that on certain areas of my face. My face is a little dry, but it's not red/flaky so I'm wondering if Dan's BP will cause burning/redness/flakiness.

I had big flaking/redness/irritation. It's now less than 2 weeks in for me, and the past couple days I've experienced NO irritation at all. I did'nt apply any BP for a day and a half though as I was sick and couldn't be bothered with it. I'm wondering if just a day off BP completely really gave my skin a chance to strengthen itself, or if it was just about that time to get used to it?

Okay, currently on Day 4.. still can't really feel the BP, but I'm noticing changes in the texture of my skin. It feels smoother and softer now.

shiarua - I would recommend it. I guess if you have dry skin, you should make sure to follow up with a very rich moisturizer. I personally have oily/combo skin, so dryness isn't a problem for me.. his moisturizer is actually almost a bit too rich for me, haha.