Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobsagget5

Why Am I Still Getting Acne?

Ok so my face is basically all clear except for a few bumps and really tiny pimples here and there. Except for around my mouth I have moderate acne around it. It's from my mustache area all the way around to my chin. Every morning and night I wash my face with Olay acne control face wash and exfoliate twice a week. I started being really careful to not touch my face and am careful when eating greasy food. I also started to drink a lot of water and my diet is also fairly good with not much fatty, sugary food. I heard that toothpaste could cause the acne so I started using Rembrandt a few days ago but it hasn't been long enough to see results. I also put BP on my pimples overnight. I don't know what else to do I am getting really aggravated because it looks terrible around my mouth. What will cure my acne around my mouth? Please and thank you

Ok so my face is basically all clear except for a few bumps and really tiny pimples here and there. Except for around my mouth I have moderate acne around it. It's from my mustache area all the way around to my chin. Every morning and night I wash my face with Olay acne control face wash and exfoliate twice a week. I started being really careful to not touch my face and am careful when eating greasy food. I also started to drink a lot of water and my diet is also fairly good with not much fatty, sugary food. I heard that toothpaste could cause the acne so I started using Rembrandt a few days ago but it hasn't been long enough to see results. I also put BP on my pimples overnight. I don't know what else to do I am getting really aggravated because it looks terrible around my mouth. What will cure my acne around my mouth? Please and thank you

how old ar you? If youre under 20 it could just be hormonal an it will pass. If not, if you have adult acne, there is something hormonal possibly going going on or maybe food allergies. I cut out sugary junk and a lot of bad processed foods and I break out a lot less.

Also citrus irritates me around the mouth so I dont eat it unless its very diluted.

:-)

If it's toothpaste acne (perioral dermatitis), Rembrandt won't help. You need a SLS-free, fluoride-free toothpaste like Squigle.

Around your mouth: Youve nailed it, your diet and oral hygeine are major factors. I find I can eat trash if Im careful about oral hygeine. I brush thoroughly after every meal (maybe difficult at school) and mouthwash. I find the quality of mouthwash is more important than quality of toothpaste. After my evening meal I brush, mouthwash, floss and then mouthwash again. That is the price you have to pay for eating trash.

Alternatively a healthy diet means you wont have to worry so much about oral hygeine, cuz less fat, grease, sugar etc will be able to build around your mouth.

A few other factors as youve mentioned might be resting your chin on your hands, scratching or whatever. Also sleeping on your face is bad for your skin, regular sunlight is good for your skin, cardiovascular exercise (allows you to sweat and burn energy) is good, I think Ive mentioned everything.

You're still getting acne because the DNA transcribed your genes that you inherited dictates that you will have acne. If you want to cure your acne the only thing to do is to change the way that your genes are expressed, aka Accutane.

If you do not want to take that leap then keep using benzoyl peroxide, I found that what helped me the most pre-accutane was some great 10% benzoyl peroxide cream from steifel laboratories called Panoxyl. Strongly recommend it, but I recommend accutane above everything, it is the only true cure besides time itself.

Ok thanks for the help everyone I decided to order Squigle toothpaste yesterday and got free 2 days shipping. I'll update it about a week after starting to use squigle, I should get it tomorrow. I really hope that the toothpaste is the problem and this is what I need for clear skin!