Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AngusBeefcakes

Problems With "sore Eyes" And "fine Wrinkles" Underneath Eyes... Bp To Blame?

After using the Regimen for two days, I woke up one morning with very sore skin surrounding my right eye. I went to look in the mirror, and I noticed I had very defined wrinkles underneath both eyes. They were kind of like creases that shot out from the bottom part of my eye-ball area (haha hard to describe)

I'm 17... and never had ANY wrinkles. I think my eyes are reacting to the Benzoyl Peroxide?

After 5ish hours the wrinkles went away. However, I just woke up from a nap and once again, the skin around my eyes were burning and were sore and the wrinkles came back.

Has anybody dealt with this before? Sore skin around the eye and defined creases/wrinkles after waking up from sleeping?

Thank you in advance for your help. God bless

Edited by AngusBeefcakes

I started to have that recently. I noticed it only started after I applied the BP too close the the eye area. You have to remember that the skin around the eye is approximately 1/10th as thick as the rest of your face. Try applying with a greater circumference around the eye.

I did exactly that and the problems are gone. Haha it is kind of common sense... however, I kind of panicked and posted this without thinking XD. I dont know, i guess I freak out real easy

Thanks for helping

Another thing that helps is after washing your face, and while waiting for your skin to completely dry before putting on the bp, is to rub in a small amount of moisturiser just around your eyes. Of course avoid the eye area when applying the treatment but sometimes it can accidently be pushed up into the eye socket area (if you get a bit over excited :) ).

Just be prepared that you are going to go through a few tough weeks while your skin gets used to the BP. In my first three weeks of following the regimen my eyes themselves were very bloodshot, puffy and red underneath and very sore. It passed though and now everything is good.

Goodluck!

It will go away. I am 23 and have been on the regimen for two and a half months. In the beginning, I noticed that I had wrinkles around my eyes. BP is so drying, mainly in the beginning. For me, it gradually went away as the intense dryness subsided. Give it time and your skin will completely adjust.