Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I start my first prescription of isotretinoin/accutane tomorrow and I'm wondering what the best skincare products are to use?

I bought a Cetaphil moisturiser today, as well as a La Roche-Posay cleanser, lipbalm and moisturiser.

Do people recommend getting a Cetaphil cleanser too? Possibly a body wash and body lotion?

Everything else I have at the moment is scented and will be too harsh on my skin whilst on the meds.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Lizzie x

Hey,

I start my first prescription of isotretinoin/accutane tomorrow and I'm wondering what the best skincare products are to use?

I bought a Cetaphil moisturiser today, as well as a La Roche-Posay cleanser, lipbalm and moisturiser.

Do people recommend getting a Cetaphil cleanser too? Possibly a body wash and body lotion?

Everything else I have at the moment is scented and will be too harsh on my skin whilst on the meds.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Lizzie x

Welcome to the world of Accutane.

These are the products I swear by:

I use CeraVe Gentle Cleanser and the Moisturizing Lotion (face)...in the summer I use the Eucerine with the pink lid (has sunscreen..and you will burn easily)

Body: it's summer so you likely won't be as dry as I was this winter, but I actually used straigt Coconut Oil for my body

Hands: My hands developed exzema...I love the Aveeno Lotion with the blue cap that is formulated with Oatmeal for exzema (spelling is prob. wrong)

Lips: Chapstick Medicated---light blue tube

Vitamins: Glucosimine (for the sore joints...if you have them)

Hair: you won't have to wash it much, I switch to Head & Shoulders while on Tane (lots of conditioner)

Body Wash: Oil of Olay (the kind with the oil in it)

Hope this helps and good luck!

while on accutane im using J&J top to toe wash,neutrogena fine fairness UV moisture spf 50 and aloe vera gel for redmarks,it works!

If you suffer from the sunburnt-face symptom, use this. Only moisturizer that hid the redness instead of escalating it.

300.jpg

Face: Cetaphil face wash, Cerave cream (I found the Cerave lotion wasn't moisturizing enough)

Body: Dove soap followed by Olay In-shower lotion (the in-shower lotion has kept me from getting dry)

Lips: Carmex lip balm during the day, Aquaphor ointment over night

Lots of water! Aim for 8 glasses a day.

Good luck!