Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dtooa

Cream washes are pore clogging

They are pore clogging when used on their own (i.e with no other cleanser to use after using a cream wash). Because although you can't see traces of cream once u rinse your face there may still be some there. So my advice to anyone using these products for example the c&c blackhead clearing scrub would be to buy a cheap foaming face wash.

I don't use a cream cleaser but I am sure that you are right some what. I think that after you rinse you should follow with a alchcol free toner to remover excess cleaser or a baby wipe. I don't think cleasing again whould be wise considering most people who use/should cream cleansers have dry skin.

FUck are you serious?

I use Brevoxyl Creamy Wash 8% (Benzoyl Peroxide) in the shower every morning and night. I only put Moistureizer on in the night afterwards....so I should be using a toner afterwards?

i don't think they are pore clogging...that white stuff you see afterwards might be the oil that is getting pushed out from your pores.

i see a lot of that stuff on my nose and on my upper cheeks right after i wash with a BP or SA cleanser or scrub.

i don't see any of it when i wash my face with gentil cleansers tho.

I'm simply explaining my own experiences. I bought some c&c deep cleansing cream wash and started using that on its own. after 1-2 weeks of consistent use i started getting these large pimples/whiteheads. I stopped using it and told myself never to touch the stuff again, even though i really liked the way it made my face feel tingly and clean after use. I saw botchlas regimen and thought i might try my facewash again, before cleansing witha nother facewash. It has worked wonders for my skin.

I personally alternate between the c&c blackhead clearing scrub and the c&c deep cleansing cream wash. I use a tea tree wash after both. I feel as if i'v got a real good routine going, as i have not broke out majorly since i started. (I have had one or two whiteheads on my nose and chin, but i would have def. settled for that beforehand.

^^actually a toner is a waste of money. My derm told me and so did the esthetician at my spa who does facials. It's just a gimick to make you THINK you need it in order to close your pores, or even your PH balance etc. If you're using a cleanser that is not taking all of your makeup or not rinsing off clean, it's a crappy cleanser and you should switch. Some people dont rinse their skin properly either, it's not the cleanser....or use a face cloth.

I've used cream cleansers with no problems. I use Extra Gentle Cleanser (by Neutrogena) which I rinse off and it works for me. I have also used tissue-off cream cleansers in the past with no problems.

What works or is problematic for one person may not apply to another.

If you're using a cleanser that is not taking all of your makeup or not rinsing off clean, it's a crappy cleanser

I have been using c&c blackhead clearing scrub for 2 months now, and it seems to do a pretty decent job of keeping away spots. But one thing i am worried about is getting these small flesh colored pimples on my face, i have developed a cople more recently, im not sure if its due to shaving or this c&c scrub, i don`t see how though because it acts as an exfoliant right and unclogs pores, so i'd imagine it should work to prevent them?

And also is there anyway to dissolve away these bumps or are they permanent?

Btw i am caucasian, not black. just to clear up any confusion as i know a lot of black men suffer from this problem aswell!

that's like saying all moistureizers are comedogenic.

it's not true.

cetaphil is a creambased facewash and you'd be a fool to think that causes breakouts.

^^actually a toner is a waste of money.  My derm told me and so did the esthetician at my spa who does facials.  It's just a gimick to make you THINK you need it in order to close your pores, or even your PH balance etc.  If you're using a cleanser that is not taking all of your makeup or not rinsing off clean, it's a crappy cleanser and you should switch.  Some people dont rinse their skin properly either, it's not the cleanser....or use a face cloth.

To the extricate: I have also just formed one of these skin coloured lumps. what the f*-& are they? Do they ever form into a whitehead or pimple? Thanks.

To Entiman:i was just saying what broke me out, and what broke me out was the c&c cream washes. Might be differnt for you lot.

Toners are not a bunch of crap. They do work. I love them and find that they help the skin. The common myth is that they're used to open or close pores. That's totally false. Pores are not like windows, they cannot be open and shut like that.

As for the whole non-comodogenic thing, there is no ruling by the FDA on non-comodogenic or non-allergenic. ANYTHING can be labeled so, they only need to test on one person to get that lable.