Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wtfback

What Is Going On With My Back? (Photo)

I've been dealing with some sort of issue with my back for about 6-7 years. I get red spots and whiteheads on my back (mostly shoulders and middle of my spine -- forms a "cape" almost). Some of them are large, painful, and itchy. I think I have some scarring from busting those infected bits open when a head appeared. Whatever it is, it does not respond to acne treatments and it heals VERY slowly. Sometimes it's manageable, other times It flares up...especially after I lift weights.

Based on some reading I think I may have folliculitis? I do not think it's food related as I've tried cutting out dairy. Can anyone give me some direction?

Other background info that might be relevant: 27 years old, eat a clean diet 95% of the time, tried all the usual acne stuff for years (BP/SA/AHA). Didn't work. I don't have this problem on my face, but sometimes i'll get a couple spots on my chest.

post-176081-0-18047400-1336267716_thumb.

post-176081-0-18047400-1336267716_thumb.

Edited by wtfback

Go to a derm bro.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I should have done so a long time ago. Appointment being made tomorrow!