Notifications
Clear all

Red Cheeks Only In Evening?

MemberMember
(@mehmeh123)

Posted : 05/05/2012 4:50 pm

Well I work 9-6 m-f and by the time I'm home my face is bright red every night, the redness only really happens from 5PM onwards but my face will be really really red the whole evening till the morning again. I get up in the morning at like 7am as I have quite a way to commute to work. And on weekends say I get up at like 11am then my face will be fine till like 10pm before it starts going really really red.

The main area for the redness is just like if you drew a stright line from the corner of your eyes down to where you hit corner of your mouth. I have had acne since I was 16 and this redness hasn't been an issue until the end of last year maybe I always had it and I didn't pay much attention to it but now I'm just paroniod about it and just keep thinking about it which I guess keeps making it worse.

Any ideas why this is only triggering in the evening and anything I can do to stop this happening? I''ve tried eating/not eating in the evening and many other things diet related but nothing seems to help. It's ruining my social lfe as I just feel like I can only go out x amount of hours espeially on the weekends to make sure I'm back before my face goes really red and I just refuse to go out after work because of my redness. any ideas thanks?

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/05/2012 5:10 pm

rosacea. pretty likely, go to your derm and get an antiinflammatory. I have something similar but not as severe. mine is worse in heat or after I eat more than a small amount. drinking alcohol makes it worse but i find if youre self-consious go to a darkened bar.

The stuff us people have to deal with . lol

MemberMember
(@tallycat86)

Posted : 02/05/2013 1:43 am

I realize this is an old post but I have been experiencing this for a couple months now. And it's driving me crazy! I have facial redness in the evening only, that goes away by morning. Initially I believe it was hives and I started taking Zyrtec. I had been using a 2% BHA for acne/oily skin and stopped it a couple weeks ago, since then when I break out it is bright facial redness and a burning sensation no hives. I know when it is about to happen because my skin tingles first followed by intense burning sensations and redness mainly on my cheeks but also ears, chin and forehead. But zyrtec or benadryl still help control the symptoms, but I have seen online that these are sometimes helpful in Rosacea sufferers. Could this be the beginning signs of Rosacea or is it more likely hives? So far I cannot find any direct link to the outbreaks.

Thanks,

Christian

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/12/2013 9:02 pm

Rosacea is a very tricky condition and no one knows what the cause is exactly.

Honestly you should go to actual Rosacea forums to get real help.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 02/28/2013 9:26 am

tallycat, its rosacea plain and simple. I have exactly what you describe. Around 4pm every day my face starts to burn, and then the flush takes over. I cant prevent or figure out the trigger. Im usually home doing nothing at the time so I cant contribute it to food, cold, heat or exercise. Its debilitating to say the least and there is no cure whatsoever. Check out the rosacea forum on yahoo groups. its a good one