Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using various antibiotics to fight my acne for the past few years, but have not seen incredibly great results. I may have seen slight positive results, but my skin would ultimately return to as it was. I strongly believe that Doxycycline negatively impacted my health by moving my body to have grand mal seizures (the most intense seizures a person can have). I have had two grand mal seizures while taking Doxycycline.

My new year's resolution was to alter my diet in order to control my acne. I decided to cut out dairy since I have heard many people claim dairy had a negative impact on their skin. I cut out milk, cheese, and other dairy products. I am excited to say that eliminating dairy has brought positive results. I used to get thick pockets of puss under my skin, and remember feeling the lumpiness of my skin as I ran my fingers over it. I no longer have pockets of puss under my skin, and have hardly any break outs at all!!

I do still have breakouts, but they are very small pimples - nothing compared to what I used to get. My skin is still slightly red, and the scarring from my past skin condition is quite visible.

I have not researched this subject incredibly. I spoke with a nutritionist who said that she has never heard of dairy being directly related to acne, but is instead related to eczema. I am wondering if other diet alterations could have even more of a positive affect on my skin. I ultimately feel this is a positive change in my life because I am not only obtaining clearer skin, but I am more involved with my diet.

Edited by MagentaStraberry

nutritionist dont learn much in their school about diet-acne connection, thats why she has not idea if there could be a connection.

dairy ALWAYS break me out, same as your acne type. deep, painful, raised, red pimples that take few days to come to a head.

also, gluten/wheat causes me to break out, same type of deep cyst like dairy.

and what also breaks me out are cashew and almonds, but peanuts for example i eat alot and dont breakout from them.

nuts are quite complicated cuz some of them may cause a reaction and some dont. thats why i advice to avoid all of them untill your clear and then introduce one by one, thats how i did it.

Your nutritionist is an idiot. But then few know anything about nutrition. Dairy is probably the most commonly named food linked to acne and has been for a very long time. such claims are everywhere. It affects acne in many ways so shouldn't be a big part of yourvdiet even if you aren't intolerant and avoiding it doesn't have a noticeable affect.

And dairy is only one of many, many ways that diet affects acne. See the good things link in my signature for more info.

Oh, and eczema has the same root causes as acne.

Sounds like good grounds for a 30 day elimination diet, with an emphasis of regular meals of nutrient dense foods and exclusion of potential problems, like dairy, gluten, nightshades, soy, and the like. Definitely look at the link in Vista's post! Also, remember that it takes time for people to see changes, some of us more than others. You'll likely see noted improvements, and perhaps clear up completely in those 30 days, but keep in mind that prior to dietary changes, many of us consumed insane amounts of rancid omega 6s from highly processed and chemically extracted PUFAs like canola and soy, lots of added sugar in food, and things like that. Once you're done with the full 30, add foods in methodically in small amounts, and keep track of any reactions like changes in stool, headaches, breakouts, increased heart rate, and other signs of sensitivity or intolerance.

In addition to diet, lead a happy fun life! Keep stress to a minimum, and take time for yourself to relax. Get good sleep, sun, and exercise.

I have a weakness and love/hate relationship with dairy. I eat it vary sparningly and very rare, but it always causes problems for me. I abstain from it as much as possible, but sometimes I have to have California Pizza Kitchen :)!

I've definitely noticed a connection. I actually see a dietician periodically and she's the one who originally pointed this connection.

Lastly, I disagree with DaftForst. While the information on Acne Org is valuable and helpful I definitely reccomend seeing a dermatologist. Its ridiculous to claim that they're wastes of time.

Sounds like good grounds for a 30 day elimination diet, with an emphasis of regular meals of nutrient dense foods and exclusion of potential problems, like dairy, gluten, nightshades, soy, and the like. Definitely look at the link in Vista's post! Also, remember that it takes time for people to see changes, some of us more than others. You'll likely see noted improvements, and perhaps clear up completely in those 30 days, but keep in mind that prior to dietary changes, many of us consumed insane amounts of rancid omega 6s from highly processed and chemically extracted PUFAs like canola and soy, lots of added sugar in food, and things like that. Once you're done with the full 30, add foods in methodically in small amounts, and keep track of any reactions like changes in stool, headaches, breakouts, increased heart rate, and other signs of sensitivity or intolerance.

In addition to diet, lead a happy fun life! Keep stress to a minimum, and take time for yourself to relax. Get good sleep, sun, and exercise.

can you explain me how omega6 causes you to breakout? im trully interested in knowing [no sarcasm]

and the widespread myth here in acne.org

sugar, glucose, rofl, the must natural thing to us and that we cant live without [well if we dont eat it then our body producese its own glucose] causes acne? can you please explain how? and how long after consuming sugar you breakout? and how fast you clearup once you avoid "alot of sugar"?

can you explain me how omega6 causes you to breakout? im trully interested in knowing [no sarcasm]

and the widespread myth here in acne.org

sugar, glucose, rofl, the must natural thing to us and that we cant live without [well if we dont eat it then our body producese its own glucose] causes acne? can you please explain how? and how long after consuming sugar you breakout? and how fast you clearup once you avoid "alot of sugar"?

But we eat unnatural amounts of it. Amounts our bodies aren't Meant to deal with . And the excessive amounts of both omega 6 and sugar are the reason why we have become such a culture of sickly people and diabetes is the fastest growing disease in history.

And as for how and whe they affect acne, click the good things link in my signature.