Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ceminay

Taking Accutane The Day Of Blood Tests?

Hey guys, tommorow will be my 1st month on Accutane and I'm going to do my blood tests. I know you shouldn't eat anything for at least 10 hours, but should I take my daily dose of Accutane in the morning? People say you're supposed to take it when full, not hungry. I don't think it's a big problem, but I'd like to know. :)

Yes you are supposed to take it with food. So take it with food after your blood test.

My dermatologist also told me not to drink milk before the blood test. Only water or beverages like black coffee.

Yes you are supposed to take it with food. So take it with food after your blood test.

My dermatologist also told me not to drink milk before the blood test. Only water or beverages like black coffee.

Thank you :) I hope I don't forget to not eat! Lol

Guest *Spiro*

Interesting my derm never told me to fast before my blood tests.... I've had 3 now and she's never mentioned it. Were you guys told to fast?

Interesting my derm never told me to fast before my blood tests.... I've had 3 now and she's never mentioned it. Were you guys told to fast?

Yes! you have to fast before your tests because they need an accurate cholesterol count among other things.

Hey guys, tommorow will be my 1st month on Accutane and I'm going to do my blood tests. I know you shouldn't eat anything for at least 10 hours, but should I take my daily dose of Accutane in the morning? People say you're supposed to take it when full, not hungry. I don't think it's a big problem, but I'd like to know. smile.png

Do not take your meds on an empty stomach. I did it once and I thought I was going to die.

Felt like someone was trying to pull my organs out threw my chest.

Edited by Zraden

Guest *Spiro*

Hmmm odd because I asked and she said no its not a big deal. I pretty much always am fasting when I go in for my blood tests. I go first thing in the morning and I usually skip breakfast or eat breakfast later in the morning.

Hmmm odd because I asked and she said no its not a big deal. I pretty much always am fasting when I go in for my blood tests. I go first thing in the morning and I usually skip breakfast or eat breakfast later in the morning.

Im not impressed that your derma is taking your blood work so lightly neutral.gif

Those tests are really important. Definitely fast before you go for 10 hours. Only water in those 10.

That way if something does come up, they have base line results to reference from.

Guest *Spiro*

Yeah, I'm not impressed either. I will do that this month when I go in.. I also plan on mentioning that to her.