Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dboy28

Long Hot Showers? Oily Skin?

I was just thinking can long hot showers cause oily skin? I take like 20 minute pretty hot showers. Could this be contributing to my terrible oily skin?

It will if you are soaking your face in the hot water a lot. This is because hot water dries the skin and strips it of the little bit of natural oil it is suppose to have. You want to use lukewarm water or even cold(which is really hard to get used to unless it's a hot summer day). When your skin is dry then a message is sent to your body to produce more oil, usually, too much oil. If I were you I'd keep the hotness down and keep your face away from the water as much as possible. Do you have acne? If not then I wouldn't worry about it so much but if you do then hot water is definitely contributing to it. If you don't then simply grab fresh toilet paper or tissue when you get over oily and pad it off.

It will if you are soaking your face in the hot water a lot. This is because hot water dries the skin and strips it of the little bit of natural oil it is suppose to have. You want to use lukewarm water or even cold(which is really hard to get used to unless it's a hot summer day). When your skin is dry then a message is sent to your body to produce more oil, usually, too much oil. If I were you I'd keep the hotness down and keep your face away from the water as much as possible. Do you have acne? If not then I wouldn't worry about it so much but if you do then hot water is definitely contributing to it. If you don't then simply grab fresh toilet paper or tissue when you get over oily and pad it off.

Yea I have acne and lately its been terrible. I never would get huge red deep pimples like this. I always had a lot of clogged pores on my forehead. Also my face has never been this oily until about a month or so ago. It is so fucking oily i can just feel pimples come on as soon after i wash my face. Like its really bad. It seems to be the worst though after the hot shower or hot water to wash. Hopefully cold showers help it a bit.

Big red pimples point to digestive issues. What are you eating but most importantly are you eliminating your bowels completely? This may seem gross to you but what is your poop like? Does it come out in one nice long chunk or is it diarhea type or loose and feels like you don't go all the way? How often do you go? At least once a day? Acne is a sign saying that your liver and intestines are not doing the best job at eliminating toxins from food, free radicals, and hormones. Also, try to not wash your face with anything since you say your skin is dry. Just use water ONE time a day and dab your face dry with a clean paper towel. If it keeps getting super oily then dab it off with toilet paper or whatever is near ( I say toilet paper cuz thats easily available at school). Another thing that helps is ice or anything that stops inflammation(redness). Answer these questions for me homie so I can have a better understanding of what's going on your life.

...When your skin is dry then a message is sent to your body to produce more oil, usually, too much oil.

Everybody has a theory about what causes oily skin, whether it makes sense or not! smile.png