Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobbi364

Dry Skin And Oily Skin...

I have no data on any of what I am typing so please bear with me. I see a lot of people on this forum saying they use chemicals (inside or outside) on their skin to rid acne. Why this doesn't work for most people is because your skin, when dry, produces oil to make up for the dry skin. If you wash your skin day in and day out with drying chemicals then you are allowing your skin to produce more oils, daily, hourly, and by the minute. This in turn clogs pores with oil, no matter how you are eating, if you have a 100% raw diet and your skin is producing and healing cells, you will still be blocking pores with oil. How to deal with oil? Use cold water to splash your face, even hot water can affect the most sensitive skin types (which is most of us). Hot water for me is a no no.

Now, I see people talk about using oil and honey to wash the skin, and most of the time it does it's job, which is to kill the acne forming bacteria on the skin, without disturbing the natural oils or cells on the skin. HOWEVER, many people that have bad luck doing this talk about the oil creating a film over their natural skin oils and blocks the pores and breaks them out. This works for some people, however, no everyone... I have never tried these methods, only read reviews about them.

Hopefully people will realize that chemicals of any kind and even hot water can be detrimental on the skin. The key is allowing your skin to regulate it's own acid mantle and get into a natural regime of oil production without the add of external products.

If done correctly, the oil cleansing should not leave any residue on the skin nor should it block pores. I think people end up using the wrong kinds of oils and then thinking the method doesn't work.

But yeah, I agree with you. :)