Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oasis9923

Breakfast Smoothie!

Im thinking of having smoothies for breakfast everyday! Any tips or recipes for a healthy, filling smoothies, thats also good for the skin? Thanks :D

I'm not sure. I think bananas might trigger breakouts

I try and avoid them. Berries are ment to be one of the best

But I'd keep it simple. Apples, grapes, kiwi, pear and maybe some pineapple.

I'm no expert though.

I make smoothies a lot and I use... Spinach (you seriously can't taste it), pineapple, mango, banana (although you can leave it out if you're worried about it), blueberries, strawberries, papaya, ice, grape juice (tastes a lot better than water...), and I use protein powder as well since I never eat enough protein in a day :) Apples are also pretty good to throw in if you want to.

It's easiest to just buy a big bag of mixed frozen fruits, and then add in anything else you want that's not in there. Gotta love smoothies! :)

Do you defrost the fruit or blend it straight from the freezer

I blend it straight from the freezer. That helps ensures that it's cold, since a lukewarm smoothie is nasty :P haha

I do the same, I get frozen bluebarries/raspberries and just throw them in my vitamix frozen and then add apples, kiwi, bananas, spinach.

This is probably a stupid question but I'd like to be sure

Do you prepare fruit before blending it? Do you take out apple corrs

Take off kiwi and orange skins etc? Also do you cook any of the vegetables first?

This whole thread has got me drinking smoothies more often, which I'm lovin'! :)

Yeah, you need to prepare the fruit first - which is why I'm normally just lazy and buy all my fruit frozen and chopped up so I can just throw it in the blender with a bit of spinach and a banana. The only vegetable I use is spinach and nah I don't cook it. It's healthier fresh, plus it blends easily when it's fresh. However, I'm not sure about other vegetables such as carrots and what not, but I'd assume you would leave them raw and just chop them up into manageable chunks first. Let us know how your first smoothie goes! :)

Take off kiwi and orange skins etc? Also do you cook any of the vegetables first?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Some fruit you should prep., BUT NOT APPLES. Most of the nutrients are in the core and the seeds, they are perfectly fine in my vitamix they blend up and you dont realize you are eating/drinking them. Oranges, peel the orange skin off but leave the white inner skin, that pack most the nutrients. Get grapes with seeds in them and blend everything even the seeds together, it is great.

Not sure about the core of the apple but personally I peel the apple, then cut it like in a square so that the core remains in a long rectangular shape. Then throw in all the cut parts.

I am thinking that sprays are sprayed on the apple peels to prevent bugs from eating them, or the are genetically modified for that same reason which is why I usually take out the coating, revealing a fresh nutritious fruit.

I just cut out the stem parts, or the hard parts, then leave the main eatable parts and just mix and blend. mmmmmmmm so delicious.

Can you buy fresh fruit then freeze it at home? how would you go about doing this? also, what are some good extras to put in smoothies... seeds etc?

Can you buy fresh fruit then freeze it at home? how would you go about doing this? also, what are some good extras to put in smoothies... seeds etc?

flax seeds are good

and yes you can freeze most fruits, just remember though fiber never freezes

I saw bananas causes acne due to cleansing which is a good thing, but if allergic then avoid it. So yeah, this is my favorite recipe for skin. It does make my skin so smooth..

2-3 handfuls of organic baby spinach

2 bananas

2-3 organic Fuji apples

Stevia to taste

Blend..

It might not taste very good.. but this is really good for skin.

I also love this recipe and it taste even better, but this good if you're sick, but has a lot of benefits !!

2-3 bananas

2 cups frozen pineapples

1 cup coconut water

2 cups kale

2 tbsp shredded coconut

stevia to taste (optional)

Blend. I love this recipe. smile.png It helps a lot if I am sick because pineapples contains a lot of vitamins!

Edited by EddieE