Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Talked with Dr.Y

Well i received a call from Dr.Y a few days ago, he had been trying to reach me for a while and finally got me home.

Well i'll try and post all the things i asked and what he said, first of all the man is a great person, before we even started talking about dermabrasion we were talking about music since i said on my letter i was a musician, also he is very southern it seems, because of his accent.

Well first of all, he reccomended i do a full face, to wich i agreed since i recently discovered some scarring on my forehead, he also recommended it since i am what he considers medium skin tone.

I was mostly interested in asking about the risks, since we all know dermabrasion is tough to be a very risky procedure but honestly i know it depends on the person doing the procedure and care taking. Here is what i asked:

1)What do you think about dermabrasion being invasive?

"Invasive means going inside, we are only removing the top layers of the skin in a careful and precise way"

2)Do you think dermabrasion should be the last resort? For only severe scars?

"I believedermabrasion should be the norm for treating acne scars, i've done this procedure thousands of times and it is the best way to achieve results"

3)What are the real risks of dermabrasion?

The only real risks are infection and hypopigmentation, there is always a case every 4-5 years of permanent pigmentation problems. Infection can occur if proper care is not taken. Darker patches of skin can be treated with creams, now the lighter patches we don't know how to treat.

4)How would i get lighter patches of skin?

If you expose your skin to the sun too much 3 months after dermabrasion this may happen

5)Can something go wrong?

I am not god in heaven and things can go wrong.

6) Have you done my skin tone before?

Yes, i never hesitated to do medium skin tones and there have been almost no complications in those cases.

7)Is it true it can cause further scarring? worse outcome?

If dermabrasion is not performed by someone who has experience it can further damage the skin.

I asked a few other things but those were the most important to me.

One thing he said that is very important:

"Don't expect perfection"

Also he has treated many celebrities but wouldn't really name them out, if that's of any importance.

As of now i'm just seeing if i can get the money together to go for punch floats and dermabrasion so i'll keep you posted.

If anyone is interested in treating their scars just write him a letter with a few pictures, you got nothing to lose.

Well i received a call from Dr.Y a few days ago, he had been trying to reach me for a while and finally got me home.

If anyone is interested in treating their scars just write him a letter with a few pictures, you got nothing to lose.