Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaftFrost

Gluten Free Chocolate Cereal Vs Normal Non Sugary Cereal?

So I was wondering which one could trigger acne more?

I have a gluten free cereal but it's like those brown rice crispies so it has some sugar.

Should I be eating the gluten free one? Or the normal one with gluten but less sugary taste?

So I was wondering which one could trigger acne more?

I have a gluten free cereal but it's like those brown rice crispies so it has some sugar.

Should I be eating the gluten free one? Or the normal one with gluten but less sugary taste?

I am very Gluten Sensitive and have tried the GF Chex ceral. I could not eat either one because they both contain Gluten. I could eat a bowl of sugar without any problems though.

I would stay away from gluten anyway. Also do you really need chocolate flavor? They probably add lots of sugar or some type of sweetner. I would buy gluten free brown rice cereal, it has only brown rice flour and just a little sugar per serving, also you can add some stevia for a more sweeter taste. Stevia is very alkaline and has a 0 glycemic index. So its a win win

Edited by tweaker123

Eggs are good? What if I fry them a little till the point where the egg is eatable?

Because of the Acne and Diet relation, I am afraid to eat almost everything I have at home, lol may end up eating from my garden next. OH wait, they can cause acne too due to allergic reaction...

Thanks though! I am going to start eating eggs or apples tomorrow instead of cereal.

I would stay away from gluten anyway. Also do you really need chocolate flavor? They probably add lots of sugar or some type of sweetner. I would buy gluten free brown rice cereal, it has only brown rice flour and just a little sugar per serving, also you can add some stevia for a more sweeter taste. Stevia is very alkaline and has a 0 glycemic index. So its a win win

And isnt a very alkaline diet bad for acne? How is your body supposed to kill off the many bacteria and germs while perserving the good kind that make your gut stronger if your eating foods that totally buck the system?

I eat a gluten cereal twice a day with soy milk. I believe its called "oat blenders" from malt-omeal. I would say my proportions are 4-5 cups of cereal twice a day. I know its a lot because i buy big bags to last me maybe a week or more at best.

End result: it tastes damn good and well i feel sorry for you gluten sensitive people at the same time.

By gluten sensitive how do you know? Abdominal pain is the most common symptom right after eating... also marks on the under side of your arms is another symptom. Other than that.. idk

Also a key component in gluten is water, so avoid water when eating gluten foods and see what happens.

And isnt a very alkaline diet bad for acne? How is your body supposed to kill off the many bacteria and germs while perserving the good kind that make your gut stronger if your eating foods that totally buck the system?

I eat a gluten cereal twice a day with soy milk. I believe its called "oat blenders" from malt-omeal. I would say my proportions are 4-5 cups of cereal twice a day. I know its a lot because i buy big bags to last me maybe a week or more at best.

End result: it tastes damn good and well i feel sorry for you gluten sensitive people at the same time.

By gluten sensitive how do you know? Abdominal pain is the most common symptom right after eating... also marks on the under side of your arms is another symptom. Other than that.. idk

Also a key component in gluten is water, so avoid water when eating gluten foods and see what happens.

Here are a few symptoms ... http://www.gluten-free-diet-help.com/gluten-sensitivity-symptoms.html and http://glutensensitivitysymptoms.net/