Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theoneandonly

Dermastamping/rollings So Confused

I am reading the thread but its so confusing. I want to start but just do not know where. Can someone please help me? I have my pics attached in the other thread and I know I want something where I do it each month rather then each day because I have scars.

Please help.

Depends on your scars. Post a picture? DIfferent needle lengths correspond to how deep/what kind of scarring you have.

Hey you are a wrestling fan? me too.

I mean what needle shoudl I begin with and what other oinments should I use with it? should I start with 1.5 or .5?

I wish i could help you mate, sorry. Enjoy wrestlemania april 1st, team rock.

If you are doing it to break up and fill scars rather than for better penetration of topicals, you may want a 1.5 mm roller or stamp. Which one you use is a matter of personal preference. Rollers are good for larger areas; stamps are better for smaller areas. I prefer the stamp because it doesn't tug and pull as much on my skin. You may want to start with a shorter roller/stamp like a 1.0 mm just to get used to it. Either way, just stamp/roll until you are red and probably a little bloody.

People with just a few scars sometimes prefer to use diabetic needles or tattoo needles to treat the individual scars.

Topicals are also a matter of preference. Topicals people have used in conjunction include copper peptides, Vitamin C serum, retinoids and others. My understanding is the retinoids are best used before rolling/stamping, not after. The others you can use after. I just use Vitamin C serum.

Some people use light emitting diodes in the hopes of increasing collagen production.

Everyone's skin reacts differently, so you just have to figure out what works for you.

Don't use retin-a along with derma rolling! Retin-a can't be used in conjunction with it. Retin-a is for another day in regards to derma rolling. In order to get any sort of procedure done to your face, in terms of a scar treatment, you actually have to stop using retin-a for a while before and after the procedure. Now I don't know the details of why, but that's what I know! So from that statement, I think you can see Retin-a and derma rolling don't go together. That being said, you should try and find out the specific times of stopping using retin-a before and after, because if I were you, I'd be using it daily until you start your derma rolling procedures. It is honestly the best cream for anti-aging/scar benefits.

Here's a page with instructions on how to use retin-a from a dermatologist who says she's used it for over 25 years.

http://www.drbaileyskincare.com/blog/use-retin-a-tretinoin-for-acne-anti-aging-skin-care/

You should not use retin-a with dermarolling. If you google for dermarolling articles by Dr. Des Fernandes, he talks about using vitamin A (which as a category includes retinoids) and vitamin C. As I recall he does not use retin-a but retinyl palmitate (an oil based version). I just found an oil-based cream from Garden of Wisdom that includes vitamins A, C and E I am looking forward to trying.

Here is a link to one of his articles. You may find it helpful: http://www.abme.com....axilofacial.pdf

Edited by Nyssa