Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilb

the scare of buying acne cures

who is a little skeptical of buying all these acne cures. i get a little uncomfortable taking some acne medications up to the counter. i am sure you do too, like what if its a girl you like or the guy(ladies) that you have to bring the items up too. also if the only thing i need is clearasil cream i have to buy other stuff to bring as little attention to the product as possible. i feel they are saying to themselfs YA he needs this.

Guest Captain Chaos

Yep, I know how you feel, but I guess they aren't going to remember you if you go in a week later, and who cares what they think anyway? You probably won't even see them again..

the cashers probably handle hundreds of items a day and just want to get over their job than be concerned with what you buy (even if it's condoms)

yes i am in the military and overseas so my choices are a little limited. i still buy them but i feel i have to strike up a conversation to take attention away

yea same here

I worked on a register for 3 years and I know for a fact that each customer is completely forgoten about 20 seconds after they've paid. Sometimes i'd remember them longer but only ever because of a conversation we might have had.

Yet i still feel really uncomfortable buying this shit, so its online shopping for me.

Acne leaves no room for logic.. for some of us.

i completely agree!! and its even worse when ur skin has broken out really bad, it makes it 10 times worse.The chemists i go to always have the shop assistants comming up and asking if i need any help,and i really dont wanna say my face looks like a pizza what would work best to clear it up?? i just wanna get the fuck outta there as fast as possible cool.gif

I know what you mean!! Also about the buying other stuff!!! I'm so glad I'm still young.. so my mom takes me to the store.. and I ask her if she wants to buy something too.. and we end up buying stuff..

yeah i wish i was younger too i just turned 21 the 26 but being overseas having to wait for the shipment sucks. even when i order it i still don't want my friends around. eventhough non of them ever bring it up. i hope the cashiers just think hey heys trying to do something. i think the word is getting out that its not our fault.

Why would you be ashamed of buying it if you are outside anyways, they will see your face anyways. They are not blind, thats stupid to be ashamed of buying products for acne. It's obvious you have it so stop being silly and just get what you needed. I mean i assume you people have relatively normal lives.. Going to school, going to your job. I really don't see your guys problem. And if you put make up on it or you only have a few zits, this is part of being young!

I work in a store and I honestly would not remember someone who I served if they jumped on me an hour later. Fact of the matter is that these people deal with hundreds of people who are buying embarrising things - condoms, haemorroid creams, STD's creams etc and I'm sure that an acne cream will not be anything they're gonna may loads of attention to.

If you feel uncomfortable, then pretend to be on your mobile! Thats what I usually do!

My experience I buying lots of acne medications was alright.

There was one accasion that I was buying Eucerin to moisturized my skin. In that time I had my skin so dry and scaling. I went out to Savon like this and the cashier stare at me weird but, she smile. Anyways, to get to my point just be cool about it. To make your purchase more interesting put some magazines that you like or something to get the cashier distracted. Like this you won't feel embarrassed on buying acne medications.

(And by the way F*** all the people who see's you buying acne products. At least your gonna get it under control.)

I work in a store and I honestly would not remember someone who I served if they jumped on me an hour later. Fact of the matter is that these people deal with hundreds of people who are buying embarrising things - condoms, haemorroid creams, STD's creams etc and I'm sure that an acne cream will not be anything they're gonna may loads of attention to.

If you feel uncomfortable, then pretend to be on your mobile! Thats what I usually do!

my problem is none of the stores nearby are very big/busy, and have young staff. I reckon if they were full of customers and had elderly women on staff I 'd have less trouble